Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a VP Racing Fuels catalog and i was looking through trying to find a good fuel for Stage 2 with toys 100 octane mode.........

But they have so many different ones with different heat ranges and octanes, im not sure......

I have narrowed it down to 2........

"Performance Unleaded"
color: Light Yellow
Motor Octane: 99
R+M/2 : 101
Oxygenated: Yes
Specific Gravity: .800 at 60 degrees

It says it will not harm Catalytic converters or oxygen sensors... and works well on the latest generation of electronically-controlled turbo engines :thumbsup:

"MotorSport 103"
color: Clear
Motor Octane: 99
R+M/2 : 103
Oxygenated: yes
Specific Gravity: .743 at 60 degrees

The first one was my first choice but then i saw this one.... It says:

"the highest octane unleaded street-legal fuel in the US. Designed for maximum power and throttle response, MS-103 provides power and protection compared to some leaded racing fuels. Meets californias RFG requirements. Recommended for high-Performance street cars and import cars. Will typically allow turbo engines to raise the boost from the stock 8-10lbs to 20-25lbs.... Contains MTBE......"

So im not sure now...... anyone have any experience with this stuff????

thanks

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Just buy Sunoco Race Fuel if they have it in your area. Its on pump where i live, 100 Octane level =)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Hey Guys,
I'm new here but been checking this forum for some time before I went ahead and bought an 004 flame red SRT4 a month ago
I love the ride.....quick and fast! only upgrade I got so far was replacing the air filter with a K&N high flow Hey last week I was installing an alarm, and also noticed that brake light harness running right below the clutch lever..you guys best check this out on your rides the lever is literally cutting into the wires and in time you'll have a problem..I mentioned it to my dealer and he says he's going to pass this info to Dodge/Chrysler......I also printed that whole topic thread and will pass it to him for forwarding...
love this place......lots of good topics!

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome............

But why would you post that in this thread..........

Im asking about racing fuels.... and your giving us your opinion on your car...........

but it's cool man.......... just watch where you post, others arent for forgiving.........

·
Registered
755 Posts
just come out to havasue and you can buy some 76 100 octane, or maybe some 110 race fuel, only 4.46 a gallon. whats up man, you dont write no more. Hey, if your gonna get some racing fuel, make sure that its not leaded, I would go with number 2

p.m. me ***, and let me know how the mighty war ship THACH is. peace

oh yeah, my hear is now down to the bottom of my nose and I still got my goaty.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Use the MS 103 or the MSE 100. Moltenice as you know both are VP Racing fuels and both are unleaded. I have S2 as well and the 76 100 octane at the pump is not to good. Who knows how long it sits in the tank before people actually pump it out. I have filled up w/ 76 100 octane 3 times and all three times I had a hard time getting the light to stay on. Must have been old 100 octane or something. I run VP MSE 100 and even if I put 2.5 gallons in w/ a little 91 left the light stays on. Good stuff IMO but run the MS 103 and see if it makes a difference. I havn't had a chance to run the 103 but next time I will.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Higher specific gravity usually yields more BTU or horsepower. The specific gravity is often checked on the winner of a spec fuel road race in SCCA

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you do the math, to make your own would be pointless. To get 100 octane you need to add 4 gallons of toluene to 8 gallons of 93, thats about $55-60(Miami). You can go to a Sunoco or something and get 100 octane for just over $3 a gallon which makes it like $40. So making your own race gas is for those that are not as fortunate to have a gas station with 100 octane nearby.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.