Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i raced a bremerton raceway yeserday...only got 6 runs in before they shut down...i am disappointed with my numbers and performance...wish i could have gotten twice as many runs in....best time 15.0...i wanted to get mid 14s...strange how the times list out...r/ts...1/4 and mph...the results are odd...still had hella fun, beautiful day. C.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i had the same experience. i got to run three times in alabama. was it your first time? it was mine i ran two 15.1 and one 14.7 with a passenger. it was weird. i ran .4 a second better with a passenger. i coudn't get the launch i would either spin or just bog out. i raced an evo girl she ran a 13.8 it was very dissappointing. oh well have to start working on my launch.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OhMyGoodness said:
i had the same experience. i got to run three times in alabama. was it your first time? it was mine i ran two 15.1 and one 14.7 with a passenger. it was weird. i ran .4 a second better with a passenger. i coudn't get the launch i would either spin or just bog out. i raced an evo girl she ran a 13.8 it was very dissappointing. oh well have to start working on my launch.
second time racing...this time i reduced pressure front tires...didnt have as much trouble with wheel hop but still couldn't quite get a good launch...need advice

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
btw, C ive been extremely lazy and havent uploaded the racing vid from the chrysler power drags yet. i might get to it when i get home in a bit. in the meantime, this is one of my favs. heheh.

short vid

j.r.:king:

off topic: OhMy- do you live in AL or GA? talladega is tomorrow!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ga, Al is just the closiest 1/4 mile. Yeah i know a few people i know are going.
i watched that vid. last night when i got home. It made me sad. I wish i could drive like that. Man it was amazing i watched probably 10 times in a row just to see when you shift and how you do it. I had one good run and man it wasn't like that. 13.2 what have you done?

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
obsessions said:
hey jr...since the season is ending guess i'll try to get some work done on my car...any advice on which mods i should do first?
it depends on what you want to do with the car and how much money you want to put into it. i just jumped on the stage 2 bandwagon and knew i would need an exhaust for it, so i grabbed my 3" turbo back. a lot of things we can do to our cars require knowing what youre doing and ive picked a few that dont.. for good reason.

good inexpensive mods that you wont regret are the short throw shifter (about $120-$125 shipped) and the blow off valve (about $70 shipped). whatever you get make sure to check the vendors on here to get your best price. this is the way most people start out (and become addicted).

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
OhMyGoodness said:
what have you done?
stage 2 with toys, but they werent installed at that time
3" turbo back from bdj's
extreme race intercooler
mopar short shifter
k&n air filter

a few other things that dont make me go faster in a straight line.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kingj07 said:
btw, C ive been extremely lazy and havent uploaded the racing vid from the chrysler power drags yet. i might get to it when i get home in a bit. in the meantime, this is one of my favs. heheh.

short vid

off topic: OhMy- do you live in AL or GA? talladega is tomorrow!
hey jr...yeah i love to watch that vid...did you launch at 4k rpms and shift at 5800? what do you consistently do?

·
Registered
220 Posts
obsessions said:
i raced a bremerton raceway yeserday...only got 6 runs in before they shut down...i am disappointed with my numbers and performance...wish i could have gotten twice as many runs in....best time 15.0...i wanted to get mid 14s...strange how the times list out...r/ts...1/4 and mph...the results are odd...still had hella fun, beautiful day. C.
What were your 60 ft. time, 1/4 trap speed, and ET from each run? These three numbers will help determine what you need to work on, and whether or not something might be up with the car. I'll be able to help you a bit more with those numbers. :)

It's easy to tell you to practice, but if you don't know what to work on when you practice, it won't help much.

Let me know if you're going to Bremerton again soon. I'd like to get some runs in there before the season ends. I like that track much better than Pacific Raceways.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
times

TheSRTKid said:
What were your 60 ft. time, 1/4 trap speed, and ET from each run? These three numbers will help determine what you need to work on, and whether or not something might be up with the car. I'll be able to help you a bit more with those numbers. :)

It's easy to tell you to practice, but if you don't know what to work on when you practice, it won't help much.

Let me know if you're going to Bremerton again soon. I'd like to get some runs in there before the season ends. I like that track much better than Pacific Raceways.
i think yesterday was the last tune n test...might be some other events you could run...i dont know..let me know if you find anything. I may try to hit pr before the season is over...its just kind of far from home...and i work too much...but if i can swing 1-2 more race days...i'm doing it...

as far as my times...

run #2...r/t .639, 60' - 2.44, 1/4- 15.24, mph 94.4
run #3...r/t .799, 60'- 2.33, 1/4- 15.00, mph 94.7
run #6...r/t .066, 60'- 2.43, 1/4- 15.09, mph 95.76

any insight you may have would be most welcome...thanks..cynthia

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok... your 60 fts. are lower than I was expecting for those times. You should be able to get them down to 2.2s, but they're not that bad. What troubles me are those trap speeds. They should be up around 100. This tells me one of two things...

1. You're shifting too early.
2. There's something wrong with your car and you're not getting the power you should be.

So yeah... where do you shift? My guess is you're not holding out the gears long enough.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TheSRTKid said:
Ok... your 60 fts. are lower than I was expecting for those times. You should be able to get them down to 2.2s, but they're not that bad. What troubles me are those trap speeds. They should be up around 100. This tells me one of two things...

1. You're shifting too early.
2. There's something wrong with your car and you're not getting the power you should be.

So yeah... where do you shift? My guess is you're not holding out the gears long enough.
try to shift at 5800

·
Registered
220 Posts
obsessions said:
try to shift at 5800
Well, if you're getting 2.3 60 fts. and shifting at 5800, I would guess that there's something wrong with the car. Maybe a boost leak. Your trap speeds should be much higher. With those 60 fts. and shift points, I'd guess you'd be in the mid to low 14s with a trap in the high 90s.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.