Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this was a total joke of a lame car. After 120MPH and 20 car lengths on a straight but slight curves, I crusied to the next light. Never peeled out but just meshed the pedal.

I guess he figure his little turbo (decal on the back right side truck) A4 was a tough and mean car. Hahahahahahaaa APRIL FOOLS DUDE. Though, I didn't know if they made a turbo for a A4.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not complete post

Samel_Camel said:
Anyone else care to post a "huh?" :shock:
I didn't want to bore anyone with the details but after heading to work an Audi A4 thought this little Neon looking ricer had no power and wanted to play.

So I gave him a ride for his dear life at a blazing 120MPH (with only 53miles broken in) down a three lane road and didn't see him until the next light (2-miles later). LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow thats really smart, take a car with only 53 miles on a green engine and run it up to 120mph. Plus risk your life and others by going 120 on a city street (I don't care if it was 3 lanes). Take it too the track.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EclipseGT said:
Wow thats really smart, take a car with only 53 miles on a green engine and run it up to 120mph. Plus risk your life and others by going 120 on a city street (I don't care if it was 3 lanes). Take it too the track.
Before you make an ASS out of your self, ask about the area in which I was driving next time.

"You can cure ignorants but not stupid or idots individuals."

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I have a 99 A4 quattro that im selling for my dad. I drove it today fo the first time and it drives great. Its a 1.8T also. The car is heavy but it does have power to pass etc. NO camparison for the srt-4 though.

I hear alot of comments about racing in the street. Fact of the matter is tahts why most people modify there cars. Many don't have have tracks near them so they take it to the road. As long as its done saftly in a nice open road.

I remember when I was 25 and had my supra. I had just gotten it and I actually hit 120mph on the west side highway in NYC. I was racing an M3. I promised my self never to do a thing like that again. There was alot of traffic and the roads are very narrow even though its a 3 lane. After the race, my endrenalin kicked off and I realised what a foolish thing I had just done. I looked at my buddy and he was scared and has kids. So that was a lesson for me. I still race on teh highway once in a while but here in FL the HW are 4 lanes and wide open usually.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
I hear alot of comments about racing in the street. Fact of the matter is tahts why most people modify there cars. Many don't have have tracks near them so they take it to the road. As long as its done saftly in a nice open road.

I remember when I was 25 and had my supra. I had just gotten it and I actually hit 120mph on the west side highway in NYC. I was racing an M3. I promised my self never to do a thing like that again. There was alot of traffic and the roads are very narrow even though its a 3 lane. After the race, my endrenalin kicked off and I realised what a foolish thing I had just done. I looked at my buddy and he was scared and has kids. So that was a lesson for me. I still race on teh highway once in a while but here in FL the HW are 4 lanes and wide open usually.
I was traveling through downtown State College, PA, last night (where Penn State University is) and this kid in some sort of Chevy truck with an aftermarket exhaust and wheels the size of a small country pulled up next to me to race. Now this is a one way, two lane road with cars parked on either side, a ton of college kids darting across the street in both directions, and the street was wet to slushy. This moron didn't care about his surroundings and represented a grave danger to everyone, autos and pedestrians alike. The light turned green and I just let him do his thing. He looked to be about all of 17 and had two other people on the bench seat with him. I'm sure they were mighty impressed with him as he 'spanked' my SRT-4. It struck me that there in lies the difference between 17 and 33. Stupidity versus wisdom and judgement. No bruised ego here...and no offense intended to the younger drivers here who use their heads when they drive.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I totally agree in this situation. I had one last week testing out the detuned (remove the 300HP T4 Turbo unit) Swift Gt and someone in a Toyota Tacoma - lame truck - wanted to race.

It was clear at first when I peeled through first gear (he didn't peel out and had the advantage for the first two car lengths-lame motor) until I saw up ahead a corner. Looking over the upcoming traffic, I backed off quickly and allow him to claim victory -meaning slowed down to make the corner.

Why? He was only 16 or 17 years old and completely ignorant with trucks and corners. No racing suspension, no skills, and probally did not know the capabilities of the truck. All I could see him losing the truck and jumping the medium to the oncoming traffic.

Caught up later and told him why I slowed down and that the vehicle he was driving was completely unsafe for any street racing. He agreed....

In life, safety comes first after knowing the limitation of your car and the area of race.

I totally agree and with your experience, hopefully he got the message...

Take care....

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
It's nice to know there are people on this board with sense enough to know what the right time and place is for a race. For those that don't know, please take their advice for all our sakes! :wink:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It is amazing how much attention this car attracts. It seems like everyone wants to race you. It's hard to resist, because the car is so much damn fun to drive fast, but it's important to know when to place safety ahead of ego.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was traveling through downtown State College, PA, last night (where Penn State University is) and this kid in some sort of Chevy truck with an aftermarket exhaust and wheels the size of a small country pulled up next to me to race. Now this is a one way, two lane road with cars parked on either side, a ton of college kids darting across the street in both directions, and the street was wet to slushy. This moron didn't care about his surroundings and represented a grave danger to everyone, autos and pedestrians alike. The light turned green and I just let him do his thing. He looked to be about all of 17 and had two other people on the bench seat with him. I'm sure they were mighty impressed with him as he 'spanked' my SRT-4. It struck me that there in lies the difference between 17 and 33. Stupidity versus wisdom and judgement. No bruised ego here...and no offense intended to the younger drivers here who use their heads when they drive.
i know exactly what you mean. i am 18 and have some 17 and 16 year old friends, they will race anywhere, anytime. I have seen them race in a 30mph resident neighborhood to speeds of about 110. and i still can't believe they would do something so stupid. sure i race, but when i do. it isn't putting much at risk. I raced an mr2 turbo in my 300zxtt, we started at a light with a moderate launch so we wouldnt make too much noise, and went to about 120 on a four lane, completely empty road, until we got to light.

i just remembered something else that happened too, my friend has a new audi 1.8t, he says to me. i raced a porsche carrera on the highway and won. of course i said, how did you manage to do that? he says, well, on a clear straight he would burn me, but the way i was driving through all the traffic, i even went through the median, he didnt stand a chance.....and i though "wow, what a great thing to do, weave through thick traffic at twice the speed limit"

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you guys do know that street racing was going on WAAAAAYYY before TFATF came out, right? my dad was street racing in his '68 camaro in the 70's-80's. sometimes late at night the cops would close down a long stretch of road while 40-50 of them raced. the street racing scene was just as big then as it is now.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
late at night the cops would close down a long stretch of road while 40-50 of them raced. .
Are meaning to tell me that the cops would block off the roads for them so they can street race; the cops are actually helping out instead of ruining the fun!? Man, too bad that wasn't true today!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i think the main reason was alot of them went to school and grew up with the cops. but, wouldnt that be nice today? :lol:

·
Registered
726 Posts
SpitterGuy said:
lifeisdeath said:
late at night the cops would close down a long stretch of road while 40-50 of them raced. .
Are meaning to tell me that the cops would block off the roads for them so they can street race; the cops are actually helping out instead of ruining the fun!? Man, too bad that wasn't true today!
Maybe we could offer up a bribe or something to make this happen again...doughnuts & coffee? :p

Maybe the police back then were smarter than the current crops of cops. Maybe they knew that street racing would happen no matter what the law said and figured they would provide the safest environment possible. (Almost like prohibition back in the day...people were going to drink despite the fact that alcohol was outlawed.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. a4's are not lame joke's of a car. go sit in one. i promise you'll like the interior... if that kind of stuff matters to ya.

2. a4's are heavy, a mildly modified (chipped 1.8t) would be a better matchup for ya.

3. be safe 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts