Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post up what happened last night with my QW big fmic install. The IC was beautiful...polished and badass looking. Took a total time of 3 hours and thats with a dinner stop and losing the light but installation was very easy and str8 forward and the results are as pictured below(passenger side pipe took about 30 minutes to get right...while the driver side was less than 10). Now heres the interesting thing. I had a buddy of mine come over to help me drill the holes and mount it (5x easier with someone holding it up for you) and when we were finished took it out for a test run to see what the butt dyno/boost situation would do. Boost stayed exactly the same.. and butt dyno was proven. Well we ran into a local friend whom i've actually raced before with a nice 98 Turbo Integra...w/all the goodies. Built motor...t3/t4 ...but only boosting 7 lbs to keep it nice since he has bo BC setup(which was fine by me :thumbsup: ) and of course you know we had to run it. This very car 2 weeks ago was dead even with me...perhaps a bumper between us with me ahead slightly....after two runs against him last night there is now a car....plus a bumper between us. Not only does the car run a little harder...its runs harder top end...where it counts. So to that i saw thanks Quickwhips for a kick ass product with proven..(albeit street proven results...). Enjoy the pics!

I guess "I got what i paid for" :rofl: ...Thanks Richie @ QW!

No comparison...=)

The stockers last minute

:wah?!:

Ohh yea... :thumbsup:

Looks like it was meant to be there.. :hi:

Sweeeeet..

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
FINALY Some one left the mesh in :thumbsup:
LOOKS AWSOME!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Totally badass! I also think I am going to get the QW FMIC. There's no way I can afford the AGP RACE and people have had good things to say about QW.

CONGRATS, AND ENJOY!

·
Registered
731 Posts
take out the black mesh imo it looks awesome like that.ive had mine on for a couple of months and just took the mesh out, ive polished it 3 times and still cant get all the shit off of it from winter

·
HAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
29,063 Posts
Im guessing u dont have a level....or just didnt give a F*** to fix the slant :domo: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Netou said:
Im guessing u dont have a level....or just didnt give a F*** to fix the slant :domo: :lol:

Ahh i remember you...youre the one i threw my extra tip at. :hi:

3 things there..

1) The picture is at an angle...
2) It mounts where the stock one was...
3) :bangit:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
monte said:
Totally badass! I also think I am going to get the QW FMIC. There's no way I can afford the AGP RACE and people have had good things to say about QW.

CONGRATS, AND ENJOY!

Try not to listen to whats been said lately about the CTI/CCA/QW/Beast debate...they are all good IC's...and youll be happy whichever you choose. I loves the QW for style and price. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
merlin00069 said:
Try not to listen to whats been said lately about the CCA/QW/Beast debate...they are all good IC's...and youll be happy whichever you choose. I loves the QW for style and price. :thumbsup:
certainly not for performance:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
way2low01 said:

Thst what i said to that nice turbo Integra as i passed him by. :hi:

And the 3 guys i know run the QW are all over 350whp. Go figure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
621 Posts
i think i will take the mesh out when i get mine in a couple days. but at the same time i don't want any rocks flying into my fmic. :eeeek:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOLVERINE(S1) said:
i think i will take the mesh out when i get mine in a couple days. but at the same time i don't want any rocks flying into my fmic. :eeeek:

Thats the main reason i left mine. I've read about too many guys having rocks be a biatch. PLus it seems like EVERYONE takes off the mesh.....those two things made my decision easy.

·
Registered
950 Posts
merlin00069 said:
Thats the main reason i left mine. I've read about too many guys having rocks be a biatch. PLus it seems like EVERYONE takes off the mesh.....those two things made my decision easy.
Take a look at how big the holes are in the factory mesh. If a rock bigger than those holes is aiming for your car you have bigger issues. :stab:

No mesh > Mesh. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
6,529 Posts
way2low01 said:
man i met you that one night with the evo up in hagerstown....seemed like a great guy....i saw your other post on this....wasnt the one you tested the old style not the new one? and there was all kinds of circumstances that happened with yours.....maybe it was a fluke with yours.....maybe something else happened...i dont like bashing people stuff when its a 50/50 split between people who say they gained and people that lost hp......everyone is telling me to get the qw ic...and ive seen some dyno sheets and so had everyone else....and i think bang for the buck the new qw is the way to go

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
rossman said:
FINALY Some one left the mesh in :thumbsup:
LOOKS AWSOME!!!
I just figured the mesh was in the way or something, because everyone took it out.

Nice work! No pressure drop. I must have one of those. :clap:

I think the QW/CCA debate has replaced the Stg 1 / Stg 2 debate. The truth is they both will probably make your car perform better. How much is the only real debate. Which really can't be proven on a dyno unless you have a wind tunnel also. Track times maybe if all variables were eliminated. Same day, same driver, average of several runs, etc.....End of rant :buah:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts