Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to view the boost and EGT's through the display boost and EGT's the boost add-on and EGT add-on sensors must be purchased correct?

Also to read the rpm's we need a Tach driver correct or no?

Just trying to plan for the future :eveilgrin

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Yes sir you will need the EGT, BOOST, and tach adaptor to see all the info it can log. It is an over whelming amount of info once you have it set up, shift points, boost control, egt's, and so much more to compair. It has been invaluable to helping me.
Randy

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Back-n-Black said:
Yes sir you will need the EGT, BOOST, and tach adaptor to see all the info it can log. It is an over whelming amount of info once you have it set up, shift points, boost control, egt's, and so much more to compair. It has been invaluable to helping me.
Randy

Invaluable in dodging mini-vans?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
COY said:
Invaluable in dodging mini-vans?
Yes sir!!

If i didn't have it how would i have known what psi i was at when he hit me???
Or what my EGT's where after the crash? I can even view the throttle possition right before the crash. :eveilgrin Thank goodness i am the only one. lol
Randy

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet ok was just making sure, this looks like an awesome tool for when I go big turbo. Thanks for the info sorry to hear about the crash.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
96max5sp said:
Sweet ok was just making sure, this looks like an awesome tool for when I go big turbo. Thanks for the info sorry to hear about the crash.
Hands down I would say the best datalogging wideband on the market right now. If Tech Gauges would team up with a wideband company and put their Tech Gauge and a wideband together as a package (along with boost and EGT) they would have one HELL of a product.

Anways, if you are going big turbo, tell them to tap the manifold for an EGT bung. Then just get the egt probe for the Zeitronix. Everything will be cake. Before you install the manifold, just insert the probe into the bung and you sire will have many less headaches.

TJ

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TJ1376 said:
Hands down I would say the best datalogging wideband on the market right now. If Tech Gauges would team up with a wideband company and put their Tech Gauge and a wideband together as a package (along with boost and EGT) they would have one HELL of a product.

Anways, if you are going big turbo, tell them to tap the manifold for an EGT bung. Then just get the egt probe for the Zeitronix. Everything will be cake. Before you install the manifold, just insert the probe into the bung and you sire will have many less headaches.

TJ
k, thanks for the advice, man so many options for mod and so little money :crying:

I think i am def going to go for this Zeintonix and get turbosmart E-boost 2 for boost controller/gauge. Forsee any problems with these 2 working together? Because i know read there was a problem between the Gredd E-01 and this forgot what the problem was though.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
96max5sp said:
k, thanks for the advice, man so many options for mod and so little money :crying:

I think i am def going to go for this Zeintonix and get turbosmart E-boost 2 for boost controller/gauge. Forsee any problems with these 2 working together? Because i know read there was a problem between the Gredd E-01 and this forgot what the problem was though.
The problem I believe was people were trying to use the Greddy to view the widebands info instead of a laptop or even the monitor that you can get for the Zeitronix, something about the signal rate being different I think. I have the monitor which I use mainly for viewing peak boost/afr, everything else I use a laptop. When my E-01 was working though the boost/RPM and TPS was always dead on perfect to each other but I think the conflict was the actual air/fuel mixture which a standard E-o1 has a different way to measure it, it was off a bit and people were tuning them right to the max, only to learn they were really lean and not at 12.5. I never tried to wire the 2 together so I cannot say, I was always happy with the units seperate although they can monitor the same boost/Rpm/TPS for comaparisons. I still do not know if the E-01 can monitor AFR's or how to get it to do so, mine died so now I am going with a manual boost controller, LOL!:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts