Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if im an asshat, but i did a search and didnt find what i needed to find.

Question is..... What would be the best oil filter for our cars. If so can you provide the product name and part number. It would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any one????

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Mopar.... or the K&N......
you choose.

I run with the Mopar ones myself... All you have to do is walk into the dealership and ask for one, and i think they are like $12 or something like that.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again :) I think i may go with K&N or the Mobil 1 seeing how im already running Mobil one synthetic.

Mike

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
my take on this is that you can't go wrong with the stock mopar filter, afterall it was designed for your motor, you can't always say that about aftermarket filters. Although K&N has a good reputation. Keep in mind that DCX upgraded the oil pump on our engines to provide additional oil supply to the engine parts, if you install a filter that is more restrictive you could be negating that benefit. There has been some suggestion that Mobil1 filters can be more restrictive than others. Most oil filters are a tradeoff between oil flow and the ability to filter out very small particles. I usually avoid filters that advertise their ability to filter the smallest microns of particles as they can be more restrictive. I think oil flow is the most critical aspect of an oiling system, filtering the smallest of particles isnt usually effective as tiny particles aren't that harmful to engine parts. It's the larger particles that you need to worry about and almost every fitler can take care of them just fine. That's my take on filters, so I usually stick with factory filters, my second choice would be a K&N as it's proven to be a good flowing and filtering filter, but it costs a lot more than a stock filter.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True i apreciate your opinion on that. I believe youve changed my mind. I think the stocky may be just the one. I didnt think about the flow amount.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts