Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, got done talking to the boys up at darrel coxs shop today, and seen the way they had their personal srt's set up with the catch can.... mike and darrel both have their catch cans running from their intake to the can and then the drivers side valve cover outlet to the can........they said this is right, ........is it????????
ive been running my greddy catch can from the pass. side outlet of the valve cover to the can and then the can to the manifold....... thats the way i see it alot on this forum and on the instructions i got.....but they said its bad to have it the way i have it because of the pressure or something....
then i called modern performance today and they agreed with darrel.......whats up? anyone got any pics??

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hmmm.. well it's true that pressure does play a part in the inline pcv setup.. Are you using a cathcan that could have the potential to leak under pressure? Ie: made of parts that are put together to form the actual can? I've heard of people w/ boost leak problems from some of the larger Greddy style cans..

Remember that the pcv line has air going two ways... in vac: it coms out the pcv toward the throttle body... in boost: the pcv shuts b/c of the reverse airflow from the pressure in the intake manifold.. now if there is a place for that air under boost to escape out from in that pcv line either from a pin hole or, ie: leaks in the cath can, then it will do so... So yes it could be bad...

Technically you would need 2 catch cans.. one for the pcv and one for the air make up line (if you don't want to run a breather filter to it since that's "illegal")

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this isnt good........anyone know for sure???????????

·
Registered
564 Posts
well.. I still plan on putting it on the pcv line b/c the catch can I got is built like a brick w/ no real potential for leaks.. This is how I've seen it done over and over.. so this is the way I'm going...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have two catch cans. One on each side of valve cover. Don't know if anyone else is doing this, but I think it works best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts