Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SRTforums Member
1,060 Posts
No you are not allowed to update/backdate. If you have a 03 and want to run a LSD you will be in CSP or SM. And yes they run in the same class, DS

·
Registered
337 Posts
its almost impossible for us to be competitive in that class, b/c you are so limited with what you can do. I called about STU.

Here is what's legal:
- of course anything suspension related
- an intake
- full exhaust change out as long as CARB legal
- STAGE 1 does not even qualify b/c it alters the turbo timing.

Thats it.
With just those mods they expect you to be competitive against evos, STI's, S4s and M3's...ya right. STU is not really a viable class. You're better off just throwing everything at the car and competing in SM.

If mopar hadn't of F'd up and used 6" wide wheels we would be very competitive in stock class rather than somewhat competitive, instead you start as an underdog b/c of that narrow wheel.

·
Registered
715 Posts
If you are not averse to lieing, how are they going to know? Unless you are competing at the national level? If you are competing at the national level, sell the 03 and buy the 04. The difference in price once you sell yours and buy the new one is just about the same as buying the LSD, new injectors and used 04 S0 PCM. (especially if you count agrivation costs).

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was thinking that maybe stage 1 would be an okay thing to do in stu, b/c come on all it does to boost is peak hold on WOT shifts. That would be only a small thing that would rarely come into play in scca.

·
Registered
66 Posts
From what I've read, the '04 transmission supersedes the '03 if you had to have the dealer replace the transmission. In my mind, that makes an '04 transmission a replacement part and not an upgrade/mod.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't know the details of the rules. If you're only racing regionally, it really shouldn't be a big deal.

·
SRTforums Member
1,060 Posts
Well the rule book says you cannot change the boost. So in my mind as long as I do NOT CHANGE the bosst I am fine. Even with stage 1 you do not raise the boost level so I am only altering the boost for the WOT not changing the boost.

·
Registered
337 Posts
"Well the rule book says you cannot change the boost. So in my mind as long as I do NOT CHANGE the bosst I am fine. Even with stage 1 you do not raise the boost level so I am only altering the boost for the WOT not changing the boost."

Agreed...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Can anybody give us specifications on what exactly the Stage 1 does? Seems pretty close to being legal from what I know. You can program the stock computer however you want except for altering the computer specified boost schedule. You can alter sensor readings even that the computer sees.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So if the car is to be "stock" is there any thing that can be done to the car? Does the mopar drop in or specifically a mopar sts take you out of stock?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Mopar drop in -No
Mopar STS -Yes

If you have the STS, you'll be in STU. Its not a bad class really, at least you're limited to street tires. Granted I still get my ass handed to me by STI's and Evo's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts