Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions..I don't know as much as I should about tuning, so please bear with me. I'm planning on running 400-450 hp once everthing is said and done. From what I can tell the emanage seems to be the best for my needs. Is it absolutely necessary to install an A/F guage to tune it? Also, could you expect better hp gains from this as opposed to say a microtech? I'll probably get a shop to install it and tune it(unless I do enough research to get me through it on my own to save the $$). Thanks in advance.

Ron

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
MadCow84 said:
A few questions..I don't know as much as I should about tuning, so please bear with me. I'm planning on running 400-450 hp once everthing is said and done. From what I can tell the emanage seems to be the best for my needs. Is it absolutely necessary to install an A/F guage to tune it? Also, could you expect better hp gains from this as opposed to say a microtech? I'll probably get a shop to install it and tune it(unless I do enough research to get me through it on my own to save the $$). Thanks in advance.

Ron
a/f gauges suck!!! they are not reliable and way off. they make cool christmas ornaments though.

you do need a wideband , it tells you exactly what your airfuel ratios are and is very accurate. widebands actually come with an 02 sensor to screw on to your bong and tune your car with accuracy. an airfuel ratio gauge just displays 02 voltage.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
MadCow84 said:

Ron

On a car with a stock turbo, the emanage will do better than the micro tech due to the injector harness. YOu will make more power by far. WHen you go to a big turbo upgrade, then it might be simular.

I highly recommend a wideband if your tuning in a big turbo on your own! I have some basic map settings for the stock turbo that i offer my customers. If you go big turbo, then you will need to tune it on your own and this is why you will need a wide band. Its not that difficult to tune though.
If you get the emanage and wideband with out the eo1, then i recommend you have a buddy tune with you. That way he can look at the RPM and af gauge while you drive. Very hard to do all three at the same time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
you do need a wideband , it tells you exactly what your airfuel ratios are and is very accurate. widebands actually come with an 02 sensor to screw on to your bong and tune your car with accuracy. an airfuel ratio gauge just displays 02 voltage.
so if i buy a wideband the o2 sensor will fit in the stock location will i also be able to have the stock wires connected to it with out splicing? if so who sell one cause i don't want 2 o2 sensors and another whole in the exhaust if i dont have to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.