Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just wondering, I purchased my first car and it was a 2003 solar yellow SRT4 w/ stage 3 upgrades (and toys), but it was on the stock tdo4, I was just wondering roughly how much power I would be running with these upgrades.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its has the toys, pcm, etc. Stock exhuast, mopar BOV, Mopar Cold Air Intake, i thinks thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
So I was just wondering, I purchased my first car and it was a 2003 solar yellow SRT4 w/ stage 3 upgrades (and toys), but it was on the stock tdo4, I was just wondering roughly how much power I would be running with these upgrades.
Stock TD04? Well, its not Stage 3 then. Stage 3 had a TD05. Never heard of a TD04 running S3 items. (fuel system, PCM, toys etc)

ItsjustaSRT4 = ItsjustaNEON

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Stock TD04? Well, its not Stage 3 then. Stage 3 had a TD05. Never heard of a TD04 running S3 items. (fuel system, PCM, toys etc)

ItsjustaSRT4 = ItsjustaNEON
Ik its weird but when I bought it I was like Ik the stock tdo4 can't run with the stage 3 upgrades. But mine does have a tdo4. With toys, pcm and everything else. I'm the second owner, and he told me that the engine was replaced from dodge themselves so I'm not sure, how it is all working together. When I found that out I went researching but found nothing, but soon I will be getting the proper TDO5 for the complete setup. It is running well, and all the stage 3 videos I've seen run the same.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Post a picture of the turbo.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Thats a stock turbo. I see the adjustable wastegate. Pretty sure you have a Stage 2 car buddy. Which had an adjustable wastegate. The Stage 3 had an adjustable wastegate too, but it would not fit on a stock TD04 turbo. I bet there is nothing Stage 3 on that car. Pull the fuel rail cover. Stage 3 had a specific fuel rail cover with a regulator with a vacuum source mounted to the center of the rail.

Good luck finding a TD05 turbo and Stage 3 manifold. Those items alone go for $1500+ Very rare these days. I had a full stage 3 setup on my old silver srt-4 hence my username s3*ps2. Was an amazing turbo. Wish my current car had one.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a stock turbo. I see the adjustable wastegate. Pretty sure you have a Stage 2 car buddy. Which had an adjustable wastegate. The Stage 3 had an adjustable wastegate too, but it would not fit on a stock TD04 turbo. I bet there is nothing Stage 3 on that car. Pull the fuel rail cover. Stage 3 had a specific fuel rail cover with a regulator with a vacuum source mounted to the center of the rail.

Good luck finding a TD05 turbo and Stage 3 manifold. Those items alone go for $1500+ Very rare these days. I had a full stage 3 setup on my old silver srt-4 hence my username s3*ps2. Was an amazing turbo. Wish my current car had one.
Okay thank you for the info, definitely stage 2 or 1, but being stage 3 like the dude told me is false lmao, it pulls like a mother f*er though. For my plans I'm probably going to swap a power train from a 04-05 because of the lsd. Yeah, whats your current setup man?

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Okay thank you for the info, definitely stage 2 or 1, but being stage 3 like the dude told me is false lmao, it pulls like a mother f*er though. For my plans I'm probably going to swap a power train from a 04-05 because of the lsd. Yeah, whats your current setup man?
Power train is the motor. Drive train is the transmission. And yes 04-05 have the LSD.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Power train is the motor. Drive train is the transmission. And yes 04-05 have the LSD.
I forgot to include that, yeah engine and trans swap from an 04 or 05. Right now I'm okay with this setup because it will be my daily/project car for highschool, it has a built trans so Its working perfectly. Thank you guys for all the information really helpful because I dont really know too much about the stages and stuff. I do know about cars, personally I'm working towards maybe being a mechanic, or something along the lines of that.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
More then likely Stage 2 since it has the toys bezel setup and wastegate. Hopefully you have a wideband to monitor AFRS and something to monitor knock. I have seen so many SRT-4s get blown up due to the owners not monitoring AFRS and knock during WOT pulls. But if its a Stage 2 car with no custom 2, there really isn't much to worry about since Stage 2 runs very rich to help keep EGTS down. My current setup? Bolt on AGP 50 trim kit with custom Diablo tune. Suspension goodies and other odds and ends. Nothing crazy. Currently has boost leak out of the compressor cover of the turbo. I have been too lazy to take care of due to having to remove the entire turbo again. (I had it rebuilt not too long ago) But plan on working on it soon.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More then likely Stage 2 since it has the toys bezel setup and wastegate. Hopefully you have a wideband to monitor AFRS and something to monitor knock. I have seen so many SRT-4s get blown up due to the owners not monitoring AFRS and knock during WOT pulls. But if its a Stage 2 car with no custom 2, there really isn't much to worry about since Stage 2 runs very rich to help keep EGTS down. My current setup? Bolt on AGP 50 trim kit with custom Diablo tune. Suspension goodies and other odds and ends. Nothing crazy. Currently has boost leak out of the compressor cover of the turbo. I have been too lazy to take care of due to having to remove the entire turbo again. (I had it rebuilt not too long ago) But plan on working on it soon.
Yeah man that's dope, I think it is stage 2, I looked at the map sensor and compared it to a different post for stage 2 and the numbers matched. Here let me post the 2 pictures, and about the wideband, I currently don't have one but since I'm not really besting on it that hard I'm not to worried. I. Definitely going to get it though.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here it is, to make sure I would have to check the PCM, it says Mopar. But the braket is in the way, I'm to lazy to take it off lmao. But like I said thanks for the info bro, I'm a noobie to this stage stuff. My uncle has a 03 as well that he is swapping with a 05 engine and trans with a bunch of mods done. Where I live there pretty much no srt-4s around maybe like 5 at most, and so we surprise most the people.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Your MAP sensor appears to be the same as mine that came with Stage + Toys in 2004.
They both have the same P45210365 part number.
The "P" on the part number indicates it is a Performance part.
That may not pass visual portion of the SMOG in some states.
It's a 3-bar MAP sensor as I recall.

I think you are making a wise decision not to mess with it!
But I would recommend taking care of the all the routine maintenance items first.
You know, Oil, filter, transmission fluid drain/fill, radiator flush, brake fluid flush, tires (balance, rotate, inflate).
Then just enjoy driving your car, especially since it already runs well as you said.

But it you must...

The PCM can be tricky to remove.
Mainly due to the bracket getting in the way and all the delicate wires and plugs nearby.
I've found it easier to remove all the bolts (top 1, bottom 2 and side 1).
Then carefully unplug the PCM Plugs.

You need to be very careful with the PCM plugs.
Press the almost invisible button on the side to release the lock.
It will probably break anyway as 16 year old brittle plastic usually does.
Then slowly wiggle the plug free.
Then carefully easy the PCM out of the car.

If you do break the PCM Plug Lock, like I did, you can fix it.
See pictures below for how I fixed my car.

As for snapped bolts, I've not had that problem with my car.
But that's probably because I swap PCM's every 2 years.
You know, for the biennial California SMOG test.
So it's unlikely mine are seized and will snap.
I always use a little anti-seize anyway.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your MAP sensor appears to be the same as mine that came with Stage + Toys in 2004.
They both have the same P45210365 part number.
The "P" on the part number indicates it is a Performance part.
That may not pass visual portion of the SMOG in some states.
It's a 3-bar MAP sensor as I recall.

I think you are making a wise decision not to mess with it!
But I would recommend taking care of the all the routine maintenance items first.
You know, Oil, filter, transmission fluid drain/fill, radiator flush, brake fluid flush, tires (balance, rotate, inflate).
Then just enjoy driving your car, especially since it already runs well as you said.

But it you must...

The PCM can be tricky to remove.
Mainly due to the bracket getting in the way and all the delicate wires and plugs nearby.
I've found it easier to remove all the bolts (top 1, bottom 2 and side 1).
Then carefully unplug the PCM Plugs.

You need to be very careful with the PCM plugs.
Press the almost invisible button on the side to release the lock.
It will probably break anyway as 16 year old brittle plastic usually does.
Then slowly wiggle the plug free.
Then carefully easy the PCM out of the car.

If you do break the PCM Plug Lock, like I did, you can fix it.
See pictures below for how I fixed my car.

As for snapped bolts, I've not had that problem with my car.
But that's probably because I swap PCM's every 2 years.
You know, for the biennial California SMOG test.
So it's unlikely mine are seized and will snap.
I always use a little anti-seize anyway.

View attachment 145773

View attachment 145774
Thanks for all the information dude, yeah its running well, I checked oil, coolant, my powersterring is at the add line so I need to add, but today I took off my mopar cold air intake filter and it was black, so I cleaned it. Yeah about vehicle inspections SMOG, I live in south Dakota so here they really don't check any of that's stuff. I do got to do some radiator flush, need new front tires, but overall it runs great so far no problems knock on wood.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts