Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed stage 2 and had my car dyno'ed............stage 2 says 270hp and my car dyno'ed at 239hp......what is wrong???

·
Registered
52 Posts
i dont have the anwswer exacrly but i can say sport compact car had the same problem and part of it was shitty gas the other part they said was the stage 2 doesnt like dynos but when they tested it on the track they were very impressed with the results even on shitty gas go to sportcompactcarweb.com and read the article its under their project cars and maybe thatll explain it better for you

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
stage 2 sucks thats why...

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Go to the track, see what you run. and see the SCC article.

·
Registered
741 Posts
nineneon said:
i dont have the anwswer exacrly but i can say sport compact car had the same problem and part of it was shitty gas the other part they said was the stage 2 doesnt like dynos but when they tested it on the track they were very impressed with the results even on shitty gas go to sportcompactcarweb.com and read the article its under their project cars and maybe thatll explain it better for you

I have heard this excuse (stage 2 does not like dynos) and I think is bs. The computer has nothing to do with the dyno. What I think is happening is that the HP curve is being moved. Most people dyno on 4th gear, were I think they should do the run on 3rd. In order to post some good 1/4 mile numbers, you need good 1, 2 and 3 gear, 4th is only for the last second or so of the track.

Percy

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
matt; Most claims for Stage 2 are either 260 or 265 HP/280 TQ without toys and 280HP/300TQ w/toys. Mine dynod 270HP/302TQ w/toys, 240HP/280TQ w/o toys, I'm a little dissapointed w/no toys HP but it seems to me that if we can dyno wheel HP and TQ equal to or greater than suggested crank HP we are doing pretty good. Ask an STI what his "300HP" motor dynos at the wheels.

pdieppa; Every dyno I've seen says to run in the gear thats closest to 1:1, in our cars that's 4th. 3rd gear distorts the results. Dynos aren't made for trying to match dragstrip conditions, they stand alone. If everybody would dyno in 4th and report the SAE corrected figures we could save a lot of arguments on the forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts