Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So seeing how the Mopar staged kits are coming out soon aswell as the Subaru STi WRX (2.5L Turbo with 300hp and 300ft lb torque :twisted: ), How will the $30k (plus mark-up) Evolution gonna stack up? is the Evo gonna get 8 up :lol: :roll: :twisted: ????

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It will stack up just fine, but so will the STi and maybe even our lowly ol neons. The Evo in SCC article ran 13.8 1/4's during the authors fastest runs, but it also ran 14.6's when bogged. I'd think some slicks and we can waste them. Slicks on their car would help, but not nearly as much as ours, as traction isn't as much an issue with the power of AWD. Only time will tell how the staged upgrades do for us. I have no fear.....

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well i think the sti has it over the evo in performance department, even though it isnt out yet, so we will have to wait to be sure. but the evo has the sti in the looks dept. IMO. and once we get an lsd w/ 300+/300+ at the wheels, we will be a force to be reckoned with, even more than now! :wink: :p

and maybe by the time the stages come out it will end up being more than 300+/300+

by the way, i like your avatar ebbtide

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i second that i think if i can i will get SHLBPWRD but im in FL :cry:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
acr2nv said:
i second that i think if i can i will get SHLBPWRD but im in FL :cry:
what about SHLBPWR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Better get those SRT-4 mods out soon!

A US-spec EVO has already run [email protected] with some simple bolt-on mods.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17497

Remember, the EVO has the same drivetrain, engine, etc. as the DSMs (Eclipse, Talon) but *better*.

In the DSMs, this drivetrain has already run 9sec quarter-miles.

A good matchup.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow! * no comment*

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
S_rangeBrew said:

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17497

Remember, the EVO has the same drivetrain, engine, etc. as the DSMs (Eclipse, Talon) but *better*.

In the DSMs, this drivetrain has already run 9sec quarter-miles.

A good matchup.
\

Remember the gearing in the Evo is alot more like dragster type than the usual 3.55:1 in the SRT-4. Replace the gearing, LSD for better hook up, simple mods, and you will get the same. Oh, not to forget the boost on the 8 model is running at 19PSI not 12-14PSI on ours.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2.0L Vs 2.4L , FWD vs AWD etc....lol

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
S_rangeBrew said:

so with our $400+ slicks we can get to 12.9 (so far). and with their bolt-ons they can get to 12.5. i really dont see the ass kicking going on...

seems they had a new intercooler and exhaust and other "minor" modifications.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
ebbtide said:
lifeisdeath said:
by the way, i like your avatar ebbtide
Thanks, I'm ordering it tomorrow :)
how much does it cost for a custom tag? i want to get one when i get my srt4 in a month

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Hey guys, I was out breaking my car in tonight and guess what pulled up next to me.....a maroon colored Mitsubishi Evolution. I gotta say it looked nice. I only had 95 miles on mine so I couldn't do anything but get a nice look at it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was talkin to a local bud (who happens to be swappin his 01' 2.4 Galant to FWD Evo V setup :twisted: after he already practically has most of the JDM Galant bits on that car :twisted: ) and he reminded me to point out that this was the shop that had the 1st gen Talon TSi in SCC for that shoot out...ya know that black one that had Proven written in graphics and dusted everything to the 1320 (Viper and Supra included :shock: )...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
14 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing