Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 ACR that is still bone stock. I dont wont to have to tune my car...I prefer the whole plug and play thing. Therefore, I will probably pursue a staged upgrade path. What I would like to know is if there are any stage 2 guys that wish they went with stage 3, or vice versa, and why?

- Obviously stage 3 creates more power...but in terms of bang for the buck, does anyone on each side have any regrets.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm Stage 2 w/toys and i'm glad i went this route cause i still have decent power while i'm saving for the Stage 3 upgrade from Stage 2. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I went from stage 1, to stage 2 without toys, to stage 3 with toys. I recommend saving your money and just do it one time, Stage 3 with toys. Of course if money is tight, then get stage 2 with toys. I regret not getting my stage 2 with toys.
For plug and play, all stage upgrades are great.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Each step is an order of magnitude beyond the other. I had S1, then 2 with Toys, then upgraded to S3. S3 still makes me laugh like a fool, even after 20K:) No regrets on my path, and none today, still a happy guy. Occasional boost leak tests, no tuning ever, and it just flat runs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
stage 2 with supporting mods will put you pretty good power, but you can only make so much boost with that tiny stock turbo. if you are wanting some real power then i would save and do S3 well worth it. You really need to find out and set some goals on what you would like the car to do, and then go from there. and dont forget the ever important supporting mods that will help not so much with performance per say but will help with the longevity of you engine trany etc...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went from Stage 0 directly to Stage 2 w/o toys. Let me tell ya, it makes a huge difference but like anything else, once you get used to it, you want more.

I've been Stage 2 for about 2 months and I'm already planning on doing the s2 to s3 upgrade. The problem is, 2 months after that, I'll be itching for more.... personality defect I spose.

I got my S2 for around $900 on Ebay, I felt it was a pretty good bag for the buck and would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did stage 2 w/o toys...and at the same time i got a greddy profec ebc. insane difference...stage 2 runs only around 15-16psi...i am running right now about 21psi and what huge increase....love the path i took and really dont plan on going to s3.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
If money is tight, then I would suggest S2 1st. Enjoy it, have fun with it and when possible upgrade to S3. If money isnt an issue, then go S3R.
I went from the typical S1 +WGA setup to S3R, and the difference was insane. After 5k miles, it's still a thrill every time I step n the gas

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I went from Stage 1, to Stage 2 w/ Toys, to Stage 3.

If I had the chance to do it again, the only thing I would change is spending the money on the Stage 1 upgrade.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
okcsrt4 said:
stage 2 with supporting mods will put you pretty good power, but you can only make so much boost with that tiny stock turbo. if you are wanting some real power then i would save and do S3 well worth it. You really need to find out and set some goals on what you would like the car to do, and then go from there. and dont forget the ever important supporting mods that will help not so much with performance per say but will help with the longevity of you engine trany etc...
The tiny stock turbo holds its own quite well.

For the question at hand well to be honest once you start dropping money in the car its VERY hard to stop its so fun. Save for s3r if you can.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are great! This is exactly the kinda input I hoped to receive. Keep it coming guys. :clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts