Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to order s2 w/o toys and am wondering if i should spend the extra $ on the mopar exhaust. dodge says to get the hp#s you have to have it. does anyone really know if it makes that much of a diff? or any diff at all? thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
On a completely stock car, the Mopar exhaust is good for about 7 hp at the wheels. The more hp you make, the more hp a good exhaust will allow you to make.

I would reccomend at least the Mopar exhaust, if not a 3 inch dp/Mopar combo, or a 3 inch exhaust.

At the hp levels you'll be running (250-270), a good exhaust should be good for 12-20 hp at the wheels depending on other mods.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
If you're going to go with a turbo upgrade (AGP, PSI-FI...) get a full 3 inch exhaust. You just have to figure out what you want. Do a seach, there should be plenty of info avail.

If you're going to stick with stage 2 and keep the stock turbo, a full 3 inch system is not needed. A 3 inch dp and Mopar cat back will make the same hp as a 3 inch exaust (check the dyno sheets on the MAXX Fab web site). This is also usually a cheaper alternative.

Maxx Fab makes any downpipe you want (all stainless), makes a modified Mopar exhaust to mate up with the dp, and also makes a single tip stainless 3 inch exhaust with Magnaflow muffler that's competivly priced.

All dp's and exhast systems are avail with Magnaflow hi-flow cat.

Check out www.maxxfab.com for more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts