Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you know, I'm originally from Indianapolis, but since I'm in the Air Force, I'm currently playing with my car over in Germany. It has come to light that I might be able to get out of the military earlier than planned, but I'm not sure how the job market is looking in Indy because I haven't actually lived there in more than 5 years. What is everyone's opinion about the job market in and around Indy? Also, are there any AF guard folks that are on the board? This is a really important decesion for me because if I decide to seperate the military now, I probably won't be able to rejoin. Plus, I have to be able to make enough money to support my car. Please don't hold back anything negative either. Thanks.

-Bojangles

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Hmmmm...man, I really don't know. I can't say I know anyone who doesn't have a job....so that must say something.....good luck in your decision.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Bo, what do you do? My ex is Army National Guard at Camp Atturbury (SP). she might have some connections.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would say you're probably good, just as long as you aren't an airline mechanic. that industry is folding like a deck of cards around here. With a military background you always got a shot at law enforcment(if you don't mind people hating you for being a cop) or the fire department(if you like it when people like you and thank you for what you do). I know what I would do... :lol:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I do work on aircraft, but my line of work isn't usefull unless Delta starts arming their aircraft. I'm a weapons troop for F-16 and A-10 aircraft. I've done loading operations for the munitions, worked the weapons system in the aircraft, and I work external weapons systems for the aircraft. I'm sure I could build a good resume considering I've been a supervisor for awhile, and I've picked up a lot of management skills from my current job.

As far as Camp Atturbury, I don't know if I can work up there. Not unless they have attack helicopters. Even then, I'd have to go through the "Blue to Green" program so I can "adapt" to Army life. But hey, I gotta keep my options open. Anyone from the guard units around Fort Wayne or Terra Haute???

Thanx for all the info thus far.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts