Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all did you guys take off to get to it, i took off the vacuum line and its still too hard to get to, what esle can i take off? I see this small metal thing right about the bov and it has two bolts holding it on then a little thin rod coming from it to the passenger side of the car, is it possible to for me to unbolt this and take it off?

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
You should not need to take anything else off. You can bend/move the oil line going to the turbo. I found it was better to reach your left arm under the turbo from the Pass. side of the engine but that's just me.

good luck

·
Banned
460 Posts
go on the passanger side with a 10mm ratcheting wrench and stick your hand under the turbo and above the downpipe, and stick that wrench on that bolt, and then twist away with your other hand holding the wrench in place...

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
if your oil coolant line is too close to the 3rd bolt, just be patient. some people have cracked their oil line by bending it (the minority of those that did). others loosened the banjo bolt (there are crush washers under that bad boy).

i for one know that my 3rd bolt was waaaaaaaaaay closer than 90% of the other srt's ive seen, to the coolant line. so for some cars, it's much more difficult ;& will require more patience. the techniques noted above (as far as how to position yourself), are accurate. good luck

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i used a 10mm rachet and the tips of my fingers to slowly unbolt the third bolt

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Boostd20psi said:
go on the passanger side with a 10mm ratcheting wrench and stick your hand under the turbo and above the downpipe, and stick that wrench on that bolt, and then twist away with your other hand holding the wrench in place...
Easiest way to do things. :thumbsup:

It took me less than half an hour to uninstall the stock surge valve and install the BOP, and probably another half hour for the UPP and Greddy.

Good advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts