Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a pair of your slicks second hand from a local and I have some questions regarding them. After I bought them, I stored them in my shed for about a week with the face of the rim facing up. I went out to see how much air they had leaked. One was almost flat while one was still pretty damn firm. My questions is this. One was leaking a green substance from a VERY small chip of rubber on the tread side of the tire, while the other tire(the flat one) had the same green liquid sitting on the sidewall from where it had leaked out. My question is this...would you consider these useable? I couldn't find any visible holes, it's almost like the stuff seeped out of minute cracks. I don't want to run them if they're not safe and I know nothing abuot slicks so I figured I'd ask you. If they're not, I guess I'll be ordering some from you. I'm assuming this green crap I'm finding is fix-a-flat(what dumbass puts that in a slick...)

BTW...No clue if these things have tubes or not...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Most slicks are very porus, and tend to leak.

Alot of guys run Tubes...

Ive run slicks that would loose airevery couple runs, they were on thier last legs though.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most slicks are very porus, and tend to leak.

Alot of guys run Tubes...

Ive run slicks that would loose airevery couple runs, they were on thier last legs though.
Ok, at this point I'm more concerned about the safety of using them than them holding air. Just wanted to make sure it was normal and see if this green stuff that I think is fix a flat will cause any problems.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a new set OH5SRT4, pm me when you are ready.

SlicksMH
I figured as much, if I wouldn't have gotten a set of centerline rims with them for $200 I would be PISSED... You'll be hearing from me in a few weeks once I get my funds built back up a bit from my build. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts