Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a question, with the mods listed below the car will flutter if you floor it below 3,000 rpms. Obviously it didnt do this stock and they usually start the dyno run off at 2000-2500 rpms. Now if they were to do this, it would flutter badly and would probobly result in poor performance. How are you guys combating this problem if you cant floor the car under 3000 rpms without flutter. Do i just tell them to not get on it till 3000 rpms? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I know what your talking about. but the fluttering is only for a second. Ive done all mines at 2500 rpms also. And get it.

But then when i saw somebody here dyno his last week. This guy was at least at 3grand. and not shifting at 2500rpms for 1st gear to 3rd gear. He was shifting at least at 5grand.

All types of tricks on the dyno to be done. To get better numbers? I dont know. Id just go from 2500rpm's. See the true range in gains!

·
Registered
452 Posts
It actually did flutter when it was stock, you just couldn't hear it until you got the open air filter. The flutter is because the compressor is at its surge limit, its caused by an bad turbine/compressor wheel match. It doesn't really hurt performance but its not really the greatest thing for the turbo.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I noticed in you sig you have an EBC. If you have bypassed the stock boost control solonoid, you will get what you described.

Our turbo's are extrememly fast spooling. If they are allowd to spool up too fast, the turbo is making more cfm than the engine can use. The compressor stalls and you get the fluttering and resulting drivability problems (studdering, bucking).

The PCM limits how fast the turbo spools by controlling the wg via a solonoid. If boost control is taken away from the PCM, the turbo spools too fast, and you get the symptoms described above.

Several of us have built and used a dual stage controoler that allows the PCM to control boost below a preset pressure, then switch over to your EBC (at any pressure above the preset point) and allow max boost. One person has also tried triggering it by the TPS sighnal. Allowing the PCM to control boost down low gets you past the surging. It worked really well.

Do a search on dual stage boost controller, or go to the BDJ's forum. They offer one for sale.

·
Registered
782 Posts
boost controller adjustments will help change the RPMs its most obvious at though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts