Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my HKS SSQ BOV, and in all the videos i've seen of SRTs with these BOV and from what people say it is supposed to sound like a loud high pitched chirp/whistle. But mine makes more of a wooshing sound similar to the Mopar BOV plate. Is this normal, could it be a leak? Is the high pitched sound made by the BOV inserts?

Any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
HAVOC said:
I just installed my HKS SSQ BOV, and in all the videos i've seen of SRTs with these BOV and from what people say it is supposed to sound like a loud high pitched chirp/whistle. But mine makes more of a wooshing sound similar to the Mopar BOV plate. Is this normal, could it be a leak? Is the high pitched sound made by the BOV inserts?

Any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:
Thanks.
Did you install a Block off Plate at the stock surge valve location?

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
HAVOC said:
Yes,...yes I did.

It is also sealed with a gasket.
Double check the Vacum lines.

Any decreased performance?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chubz said:
Double check the Vacum lines.

Any decreased performance?
The car boosts the same PSI, and the performance seems to be the same. If there is any decrease in performance it is too small for me to notice.

I tied off all conections and caped off all unused lines.
Maybe I should use small hose clamps instead of zip ties.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
HAVOC said:
The car boosts the same PSI, and the performance seems to be the same. If there is any decrease in performance it is too small for me to notice.

I tied off all conections and caped off all unused lines.
Maybe I should use small hose clamps instead of zip ties.
Isn't there some sort of an adjustment screw or something on the BOV?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.