Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello AGP,

I'm planning on taking the next step and buying your kit. I'm interested in the 50 trim, .48 A/R.. I know AGP has stated in the past that full spool is around 2700-2800 RPM.. But my other question is do you believe this turbo can be run on cali 91 pump gas tuned to around 300->340 WHP reliably?

I want a fast spooling turbo for the street, don't want to take it to the track..

Response appreciated.

·
Registered
987 Posts
ben can you educate me on a/r housing whats the difference between sizes,etc.
i understand how trim works, but i want to know what it is the a/r does and how they work together...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
shmirgin44 said:
it's all in the 1st sticky on this forum! Turbo selection Guide
Where does it break down the WHP levels based on A/R ratios?

The info posted on that turbo sizing guide is based off the .63 A/R - The 50 trim .63 A/R seems to be doing quite well for a lot of people - 400+ WHP and spools at around 3200 rpm (24 psi using race gas).

I just want 300-340 WHP on Cali pump gas, turbo spool at around 2700-2800 RPM - basically, the best possible power for the street using pump gas. Moreover, I don't really care about the 50 trims being able to boost 24-28 psi - I only want a turbo that's capable of flowing the most air on cali gas, and one that spools fast.

I know some people will say this is the power level Mopar S3 will be taking a stab at, I want a rebuildable turbo - not a throw away.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
"A/R ratios
This relates to the internal volume of the turbine housing. A larger a/r will flow more air, support more power, but spool later. For almost all applications we suggest a .63 a/r. All the numbers quoted above are with a .63 a/r. We us the new 4 bolt housings that flow better than the 5 bolt housings. A .48 is suggested if you want fast spool. A .48 will still make over 400hp no issues. If I had a SRT4, I would run a 50 trim/.48 so the turbo comes on fast and hard. Full boost would be under 3000rpms. This maybe too fast for alot of people that want traction. .48 would be good for roadracing/autocrossing and good flat power bands."

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
And to answer the question, a .48 50 trim will easily support upper 300s. 400-410 isn't an issue. Past that you would want to look at a .63.

·
Registered
987 Posts
so if a solid 350 whp is my goal with stage 1, i would get a.....................?????????

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
Any of the turbos can EASILY do that. Just depends on where you want it to spool. The base 60 trim kit can do that easily, or if you want quicker spooling, do a 50 trim .48. Its up to you. 350 won't be stressing either of those turbos.

·
Registered
987 Posts
so with the mods in my sig.....if i bolted that kit up....50 trim 48 or 63 id make 350 easily if not more????!!! plus my 75shot.....hmm...

·
Registered
987 Posts
so a fuel pump and 650cc's or 750's??? i dont wanna do a return system yet...

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
blacksrt4u said:
so a fuel pump and 650cc's or 750's??? i dont wanna do a return system yet...
650s will support what you want and you don't need a return line. However, since you mentioned spray, I would say that you can never have too much potential for fuel. Go with the 750s. Maybe one day you'll want to turn the boost up...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts