Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the turbo wrap kit on the turbine side housing like the instructions say, but I was wondering if the wrap should be tight/flush along the turbine housing or should in be baggy/loose like in the pics with some extra room inside the "wrap"??

how can I order up some more 20" stainless locking ties because I need more to use on another turbo...thanks!

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the kit alot!! it also comes with header/downpipe wrap which helps keep the exhaust gases hot and up to speed inside the dp...I also like it because it keeps a lot of the heat from the rest of the engine bay.

·
Registered
67 Posts
turbo wrap

Great to hear the positive comments. The SRT-4 needs its turbo wrapped as much as any other vehicle. I suggest wrapping the turbo, protecting the plug wires, and using our air tube cover or exhaust wrap to keep the incoming air cooler.

·
Registered
67 Posts
turbo wrap.

RoostBoost said:
I installed the turbo wrap kit on the turbine side housing like the instructions say, but I was wondering if the wrap should be tight/flush along the turbine housing or should in be baggy/loose like in the pics with some extra room inside the "wrap"??

how can I order up some more 20" stainless locking ties because I need more to use on another turbo...thanks!

14" S/S locking ties are availiable (P/N 010202) at your dealer. Leaving the turbo wrap a little loose will not hurt anything, just will leave a little air barrier, but will not look as neat a tightly wrapped install. Its personal preference, just make sure it is very secure installation.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the reply...i have the wrap nice and tight against the turbine housing which looks really good!! I'm about to swap out my T3/T4 for a Precision GT turbo and am going to be wrapping this one too...I recommend this kit to anyone that has removed their turbo heatshields!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Lets see some pics!
I have the boots on my plug wires, and the CAI wrapped also.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have a digital camera, but when I wrap the turbo/dp later this week, I'll try and post up pics on this thread...

·
Registered
67 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the info....I think summit racing sells lengths greater than 14", but not positive...If I can't find any bigger I'll be ordering some from you...

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the kit comes with enough wrap to do the turbine housing and either your dp or manifold....you can always buy more heat wrap and do everything, which I might do down the road...

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
generic kit with enough materials for a couple of stock turbo/manifolds....except the stainless locking ties..they only give you 4, but I found a 20' roll of them from thermo-tec or something like that...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts