Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will, and Joe, I am putting on my straight through design mufflers on Thursday. To go from the back of the car only will cost 215 Euro and from the cat back will be another 80 Euro. I asked them if I ould keep my resonators and they said ok. So, I am going to probably get the cat back done. The stock size is 2 1/4" right? I am going to go a little bigger to 2 1/2". Not much difference, but it should be nice sounding. For those who are wondering why I am putting mufflers on, it's like this. I have a new baby and wife who need to have the option of removeable silencers for long autobahn drives so they don't get a headache or go deaf in the back seat. The outlets are bigger and the inlets are bigger so I won't lose any HP. I will post pics once they are on so you can see them. They are copying the borla exhaust bends and everything so it will look good as well as function better than that pretzel looking stock exhaust they have going on. Peace, Chris

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
I've had this muffler for a month and love it

though I do suggest going with a 3" and its quieter then a stock srt4...I have 3" straight through from the o2 housing to my muffler and the car is dead quiet

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since my muffler inlets are only 2 1/2" I think it wouldn't make sense to go bigger to 3". I got some cool red carbon fiber mufflers more for noise reduction when my wife and child are in the car, so I think the 1/4 increase can't hurt anything. I have a buddy who is running the Borla and I love his, so I think I will be happy with my custom exhaust that will emulate the Borla. Sam size and everything.

2.5 inch piping (stock is 2.25)
Stainless steel
American made
Single resonator (versus factory dual resonators)
Much less piping and restriction than the factory split at the rear
dual outlets like factory
Perfect fitment.
Comes with all necessary clamps so that you can install this yourself in your garage with basic hand tools.
No welding required.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
hmm, 2.5 doesn't seem like its worth the $$ to only go 1/4 of an inch bigger when for the same price, maybe a little more it'd cost to go 3"

:shrugs: whatever floats your boat I say.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I didn't originally want it for huge power gains more than I wanted it for the removeable silencers. Since I have already bought the mufflers and they are the size of the Borla exhaust I will be happy. Yeah, the price is expensive, but these guys are the best and can do anything custom. For German prices it's not too expensive I don't think for a custom exhaust. Chris

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Sounds good man, I can't wait to see what they look like. Are you still doing only the one side?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am getting both done, DUALS, and I am getting it done at the German place everyone calls midas in Siegelbach. They are the BEST around town here. Might be the same place you got your turboback exhaust done Joe? Later...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I think that's the same shop that originally did Joe's exhaust.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Did you put on your stage 2 yet?

If your looking to run around in family safe silent mode I don't think those S2 shotgun pops are going to fit into your plan.

Are you sure you are going for noise reduction?

Going for a custom exhaust sounds cool, but you might as well stay stock if your adding mufflers and only moving up to 2.5 and yes I read that you will only have one resonator and less bends.

If your happy with it great, but I have a feeling it will suck when later on you are questioning if you should have gone 3" all the way back

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I did the math last night and am going with 3" to dual outlet of 2.5". That should be more than enough flow to not bottleneck at the y in the piping to allow the exhaust to flow freely. I am also going to reduce the shotgun pops with the silencers. You'll have to see it and hear it to believe it. I didn't get stage two in yet, but I will. Later, Chris

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
wenzel said:
Well, I did the math last night and am going with 3" to dual outlet of 2.5". That should be more than enough flow to not bottleneck at the y in the piping to allow the exhaust to flow freely. I am also going to reduce the shotgun pops with the silencers. You'll have to see it and hear it to believe it. I didn't get stage two in yet, but I will. Later, Chris

I'd like to hear how well your mufflers contain the blasts from stage 2.

Ask Iball, Mr Bojangles or Denis about how loud the bangs and pops are.

You might want to clamp those mufflers down tight.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
artimishoke said:
I'd like to hear how well your mufflers contain the blasts from stage 2.

Ask Iball, Mr Bojangles or Denis about how loud the bangs and pops are.

You might want to clamp those mufflers down tight.
Like a shotgun blast! I actually had one myself with S1...it was funny. Scared the shit out of everyone at the light.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
what kinda of mufflers are you using? i was thinking of getting dual or single 3" inlet 4.5 outlet arospeed Race series mufflers carbon body/ ti tips

what u think?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Personally, I am using red carbon fiber mufflers from ebay. I got them at half price. Sweet deal and super high quality. No complaints with mine here.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
sounds good...i'm getting 1 first..removing my rear section then having the exhaust place hook it up to my stock 2 1/4 piping via some reducers...also i'll be removing my resonatros..if i like the sound i'll order another muffler, and have 3" piping made and use the mopar design for the rear part (currently have 3" dp no cat hooked up stock exhaust)

thanks,
alex

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Benny__RT said:
does any body know where can I buy 3" inlet Mufflers like wenzel's ???

Regards!!!
Benny.. ahi te va un link donde puedes comenzar tu busqueda... si comprendes el origen de ese escape, lo encontraras en todas partes :thumbsup:

Examples of Mufflers

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 34 Posts