Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I created this thread to showcase our plugs and to provide a visual demonstration of exactly what happens when you run Pulstar Spark Plugs in your SRT-4. Simply put, we use innovative plasma-assisted combustion technology to increase horsepower and torque.

Pulstar features an internal capacitor, developed with the help of a US Department of Energy laboratory, to store energy that creates a high-intensity electrical pulse when released. This pulse saturates the fuel with combustion-enhancing plasma, ensuring instant ignition and a rapid burn.

► Instant ignition and a more complete burn means your SRT-4 responds quickly. You’ll really feel the difference in throttle response when pulling away from a stop.

► Pulstar’s rapid burn creates higher peak pressure on the piston; applying more torque on the crank shaft, resulting in more power to your wheels.

► Burning more fuel during the power stroke means you get the most power from your fuel. Laboratory and dyno testing has repeatedly shown gains in horsepower.

► Pulstar burns fuel efficiently, ensuring it isn’t wasted. Whether you see an improvement in power, fuel economy, or both depends on how you drive.​

The following YouTube videos were recorded in a compressed chamber nicknamed "Sparky". It has an ignition system attached to it, where pressurized compressed air is stored within. What you are seeing is the capacitor discharging the stored energy to create our plasma-forming pulse. This makes our “spark” appear brighter when compared to any conventional spark plug. Please let me know if you guys have any questions!

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. NGK Iridium IX

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Denso Iridium

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. NGK Laser Iridium

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Bosch Platinum 4

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Autolite XP Iridium

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Bosch Platinum Fusion

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Champion

Thanks,
- [email protected]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Are these spark plugs one part number for all srt-4's, or do you recommend a certain one for built motors? I.E. JE 8.5 .020 over, and big turbo??

Reactions: cocoadog

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are these spark plugs one part number for all srt-4's, or do you recommend a certain one for built motors? I.E. JE 8.5 .020 over, and big turbo??
Yep, it's the same. We have one plug for the SRT-4, the EF1H10. It has a 14mm thread diameter, 25mm reach, and 16mm Hex Size with a tapered seat style.

We would advise starting at a gap at 0.035" and going from there because you're not running stock boost levels. However, you may have to adjust the gap based off your mods.

0.050-0.040 for stock boost levels, 0.040-0.032 for 18+ psi. You want to run the largest gap that you can without getting spark blow out. The general consensus on the forums looks like 0.035" is the sweet spot though, it's just hard to say since every SRT-4 is going to vary from one another with any sort of modifications done. Especially with the one's you have listed.

And as always, If you are not 100% satisfied within 30 days of purchase, you may return for a full refund :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The following YouTube videos were recorded in a compressed chamber nicknamed "Sparky". It has an ignition system attached to it, where pressurized compressed air is stored within. What you are seeing is the capacitor discharging the stored energy to create our plasma-forming pulse. This makes our “spark” appear brighter when compared to any conventional spark plug.
Does the spark "appear" to be brighter...or is the spark actually increased in potency?

I have a very high compression, 40-45psi build. I'm always looking for options to increase reliability, performance, and consistency. I'd be willing to try these...but I would like clarification. Not looking for any marketing gimmicks, or sales pitch.

I know you have to put a spin on it to support your product, but give me the bare bones, clear cut answer to the debate, as honesty can go a long ways to helping a product thrive....Does the pulse plug create a stronger spark over a conventional plug, or not, in a SAME coil and SAME wire configuration?

I'm dynoing in 2 wks, on a 900+ build. If there's ever a test to see if they hold up, this would be it. That video comparing it to the other plugs peaked my interest.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yep, it's the same. We have one plug for the SRT-4, the EF1H10. It has a 14mm thread diameter, 25mm reach, and 16mm Hex Size with a tapered seat style.

We would advise starting at a gap at 0.035" and going from there because you're not running stock boost levels. However, you may have to adjust the gap based off your mods.

0.050-0.040 for stock boost levels, 0.040-0.032 for 18+ psi. You want to run the largest gap that you can without getting spark blow out. The general consensus on the forums looks like 0.035" is the sweet spot though, it's just hard to say since every SRT-4 is going to vary from one another with any sort of modifications done. Especially with the one's you have listed.

And as always, If you are not 100% satisfied within 30 days of purchase, you may return for a full refund :)

@PulstarSparkPlugs

Running conventional plugs on a larger turbo setup does require (on average) about a 0.035" gap. However your plugs claim to have more energy per unit time. Wouldn't that mean that you can run a stock gap of 0.050" even at high boost levels?

I assume that you do not have a SRT4 and are going by the general consensus, no? Not a knock on the product, but it would be a good idea to "sponsor" a set of plugs to the above member to get some hard data. I bet if the results are positive you may sell some more plugs. As I have stated previously I need to see some real proof in a SRT4 that they are worth the money they cost. NGK 4306's are just too damn reliable and cheap to switch to something outside the norm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the spark "appear" to be brighter...or is the spark actually increased in potency?

I have a very high compression, 40-45psi build. I'm always looking for options to increase reliability, performance, and consistency. I'd be willing to try these...but I would like clarification. Not looking for any marketing gimmicks, or sales pitch.

I know you have to put a spin on it to support your product, but give me the bare bones, clear cut answer to the debate, as honesty can go a long ways to helping a product thrive....Does the pulse plug create a stronger spark over a conventional plug, or not, in a SAME coil and SAME wire configuration?

I'm dynoing in 2 wks, on a 900+ build. If there's ever a test to see if they hold up, this would be it. That video comparing it to the other plugs peaked my interest.
The Pulse Plug creates a higher energy spark than a conventional plug with the same coil and wire configuration.

The plugs in the video are connected to opposite ends of a GM waste spark coil which is basically a double ended coil so they are each receiving the same input signal (albeit with opposite polarities.) At trade shows we let people swap the wires so that they can see for themselves that there’s no trickery going on. The photons in the visible light spectrum are just one part of the energy released from the high energy discharge but it’s the only part you can see so it makes a neat demonstration.

If you want to know more about the emissions from the plasma discharge and how they affect combustion check out this article on our website and for even more information click on the link on the bottom of that page to read a paper published in the Journal of Plasma and Fusion Research. I also have an informative thread here :)

@PulstarSparkPlugs

Running conventional plugs on a larger turbo setup does require (on average) about a 0.035" gap. However your plugs claim to have more energy per unit time. Wouldn't that mean that you can run a stock gap of 0.050" even at high boost levels?

I assume that you do not have a SRT4 and are going by the general consensus, no? Not a knock on the product, but it would be a good idea to "sponsor" a set of plugs to the above member to get some hard data. I bet if the results are positive you may sell some more plugs. As I have stated previously I need to see some real proof in a SRT4 that they are worth the money they cost. NGK 4306's are just too damn reliable and cheap to switch to something outside the norm.
Excellent question. That would be true if the only factor that causes the need for the smaller gap on a boosted engine was insufficient energy to ionize the gap. Unfortunately as the pre-spark resistance across the gap increases with pressure the resistance across the surface of the insulator nose from the center electrode to the shell increases at a much lower rate. At some pressure it reaches a condition where the resistance across the gap is higher than the resistance across the insulator. At that point, no matter how much energy you supply the spark is never going to jump the gap. Electricity always takes the path of least resistance and in this case it’s across the insulator nose to the shell. Our plugs produce enough energy that even under this condition we usually light the fuel but it’s a little iffy and ignition timing is delayed.

Understandably! I would like to host another giveaway in the near future. Our last one ended not too long ago on here

·
Registered
3,799 Posts

Can't wait to see dyno #'s in the 900hp range, plus track times.
Would be interested if these plugs really work, over the others.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
^Lol,,,,, something is just not right there!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts