Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving away from the store.. when i hit bout 60 n slow down.. i see a cop pull up behind me .. i see his lights on.. so i am like fawk! he was like wow you were doing around 70 i am like no lol when i look down i saw 55... so he goes thats not the reason i pulled you over, i pulled you over because that is an aftermarket exhaust.. i start laughin and tell him its stock.. he insists that it isnt.. so i pull out the car manual n go here you go look for it.. he is like i believe you but stop speeding lol n let me go ;P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
ZZiK said:
I was driving away from the store.. when i hit bout 60 n slow down.. i see a cop pull up behind me .. i see his lights on.. so i am like fawk! he was like wow you were doing around 70 i am like no lol when i look down i saw 55... so he goes thats not the reason i pulled you over, i pulled you over because that is an aftermarket exhaust.. i start laughin and tell him its stock.. he insists that it isnt.. so i pull out the car manual n go here you go look for it.. he is like i believe you but stop speeding lol n let me go ;P
Tell the ass aint nothign wrong with an aftermarket exhaust...dumbass cops . :roll:
Did he have his DB meter with him too? :roll:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
ROTFFLMAO you know whats funny is most of the locals who see an SRT4 for the first time the first question is "Is that an aftermarket exhaust?" :roll: :lol: 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol also i have my radar detector on my window.. he goes your radar detector doesnt work because we know how to get around those.. i cant tell you how but we do.. i just look at him n go umm yeah. lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
its called Instant On ya donut stuffer!...no big secret there ZZik LMAO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Are aftermarket exhausts illegal in FL or something?

Can't be here in CA. Of course, radar detectors aren't illegal here either.

-bZj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Dumbass cops. There are so many problems out on the streets today, and they have to try and fuk with car modifications. What sucks is our tax money is what is paying for them to do this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
ourformerselves said:
Dumbass cops. There are so many problems out on the streets today, and they have to try and fuk with car modifications. What sucks is our tax money is what is paying for them to do this.

Wird to that... dont pull cars over if you dont know what ur talking about w/ cars. Go bust drug dealers or someting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,464 Posts
I agree with you all totally. I expect myself to get pulled off a few times just cruising because of my exhaust. Can they make you restict it more if it's "too loud"? If it's stock and comes with the car, and it went into production to be sold in all states -- they can't right? I hope not.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
Down8 said:
Are aftermarket exhausts illegal in FL or something?

Can't be here in CA. Of course, radar detectors aren't illegal here either.

-bZj

What are you talkin bout we have NO Emission Inspections here :roll: :lol: :twisted: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
No emissions inspections in indiana either...I have never even heard of anyone gettign pulled over for loud exhaust in my area....And trust me i have some friends with some loud ass cars (LIL CRX WITH NO EXHAUST)...That lil fucker is a weed whacker on crack...Also a 500 hp cavalier with no exhaust!!!!!!!That is probably one of the baddest ass cars i have ever seen in person.......
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
Freeway Flasher said:
a 500 hp cavalier with no exhaust!!!!!!!That is probably one of the baddest ass cars i have ever seen in person.......
Elaborate?...thats crank right cause i'd like to know how a street driven Cavalier gets there :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
i would like to know about that cavi as well. I got pulled over here in sac in my 98 neon, shithead cop gave me a ticket for modified exhaust too. assholes(some anyway). He saw the double duals and said thats not stock is it, he had his db meter with him too. No its not stock smart guy.geez :twisted:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
funny thing..talkin bout exhausts..here i am at a light me in the center and two 14sec 1st gens to my left and right respectively. We are all revving at the light when my friend to my left turns on his two step .. vrom vrom vrom vrom vrom *light goes green* *slight chirp* and i was off im like oh yeah baby..then i notice the cop who was at the light aswell. Shit! says i as i get pulled over, he walks up and i hand him my paperwork. "you know i heard you at the light"..i replied with "How my car is stock" at this point he looks inside my car and sees that im idleing in a stock 2nd gen ACR. He looks puzzled as he says "Well i heard you cause you have dual exhaust" i replied with "This car is completely bone stock...you sure as eck didnt hear me" and he just brushed that off cause me idleing there shut him up fast. Then he lectures me about the tire chirping and let me off...*wipes forehead*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
block911 said:
You can get a ticket for chirping your tires??!?!?! wtf :eek:
they can be a dick....but as far as I know :
unless your cars exhaust puts out more than 90 db's measured 50 feet from the source.... they can kiss your ass!
( this is in florida) I can find the statute somewhere.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
block911 said:
You can get a ticket for chirping your tires??!?!?! wtf :eek:
here in FL:

Improper Start

Exhibition of Speed

Defacing public property (if skid marks are involved :roll: )

Reckless Driving

Street Racing


basically whatever the officer feels he can get away with in court :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top