Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well first of all the balance shafts need to be taken out of the car...guides are broken which is what is causing the vibration in the car. This first video you can hear the keys shaking. This weekend the shafts are being taken out and the oil pump upgraded. Also putting in a windage tray, pickup tube and oil relocation kit.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A36B18CC-A5D1-4DE5-89FE-79C79A1AE6FB.htm

The next one is a quick pull in 2nd,and then one in 3rd and a little bit in 4th. It is running real rich in throughout the whole powerband. I didnt want to keep going in 4th gear because afraid that something could happen. The alarm going off is the greddy profec-b going off because I forgot to reset the warning. The percentage is set to 0% so it plays no factor right now when it goes off..just makes noise. Oh and this is 21.7psi all the way to redline.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/FBFA3C33-4F26-41D1-94CF-F902A68A07B4.htm

So basically these are some before clips because tomorrow the FTM will be installed as well as the water injection. Hopefully this sunday the shafts will be taken out as well.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My mods:

• AEM Intake
  • MPX 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
  • MSD 8mm Wires
  • Oil Catchcan
  • PCV Checkvalve
  • HKS SSQ BOV
  • Tubular Intake Manafold 60mm
  • Ed Hard Pipes
  • Big Intercooler
  • Clutch Masters Stage 4 clutch
  • Greddy Profec B SPEC 2 Boost Controller
  • APEXI Turbo Timer
  • PTP 50 trim .63 A/R housing Turbo
  • Log Style Exhaust Manifold
  • TiAL 38mm Wastegate
  • Stainless Steel 02 pipe
  • Stainless Steel Braided Oil Feed Kit
  • High Temp Rubber Oil Drain Kit
  • Misc. Fittings & Fasteners
  • Coolant Lines
  • Stainless Steel Piping Kit
  • 4-Ply Silicon & Stainless T-bolt Clamps
  • Stage 2 Injectors
  • Walbro Fuel Pump 255LPH
  • PTPERFORMANCE FPR mod(80PSI)
  • 60mm TB
  • 60mm Adapter Plate
  • Mad Dog Short Shifter
  • NGK Wideband
  • Stage 2 pcm
  • PTP FTM(Not Installed)
  • Cooling Mist Dual stage water injection(Not Installed)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
what was that really fast chirping sound? I think you might need to gap your plugs lower. What are they gapped to?

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SilveRT-4 said:
what was that really fast chirping sound? I think you might need to gap your plugs lower. What are they gapped to?
Plugs are gapped at .32 right now. The chirping is the electronic boost controller. I forgot to change the warning settings on it. I have the warning percentage at 0% so instead of it reducing the boost it does nothing, but make sound. I was thinking of gapping to .28, but I dont see any reason to right now...unless your talking about the idle still varying.

·
Registered
561 Posts
OMFG.. your A/Fs are in the 9s at almost 22 psi.. :lol: WOW.. clamp it man, i cant wait to see what the FRP mod does to my stock turbo

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PwN_ThIs said:
OMFG.. your A/Fs are in the 9s at almost 22 psi.. :lol: WOW.. clamp it man, i cant wait to see what the FRP mod does to my stock turbo
Ya man its crazy. FTM gets installed here shortly....gonna go eat then head on over to friends house to do the installations.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
hey! i have that wideband also. it works great.

i really plan on doing this mod. i can't wait to see your dyno numbers.

it would be nice to get 400whp without having to use 750cc inj.

nigel

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am just ready to see what this FTM is all about, and what its gonna do for him! I am in need of some fuel tunnin BADLY... so if it works out for him like its supposed to then that will be my next upgrade.. as the 750's are sittin in the closest! But yeah the FTM worked good for kevin (vschaos), He just needs to get the shafts out, and get the FTM in there so he can actually get on it and feel the power without any shakes and with it tuned.. and not runnin in the 9's a/f!

·
Registered
588 Posts
vschaos said:
The next one is a quick pull in 2nd,and then one in 3rd and a little bit in 4th. It is running real rich in throughout the whole powerband. I didnt want to keep going in 4th gear because afraid that something could happen. The alarm going off is the greddy profec-b going off because I forgot to reset the warning. The percentage is set to 0% so it plays no factor right now when it goes off..just makes noise. Oh and this is 21.7psi all the way to redline.

[OUOTE=vschaos]

Damn you and the 22psi!!!! I am still stuck at 15psi, Hopefully everything gets done this weekend and you can bring it out to the track april 9th! Maybe not to run it... but just see what you can do maybe? If anything we will def. and to get you and a few of the local cobras and firebirds (without their spray that is) :tongue: .. anyways good luck man later

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
turbo666 said:
hey! i have that wideband also. it works great.

i really plan on doing this mod. i can't wait to see your dyno numbers.

it would be nice to get 400whp without having to use 750cc inj.

nigel
yes. it will be nice to see alot of burned fuel pumps, too. Alot of quick disconnect fittings blown off, ruptured hoses & maybe - and only maybe, if you're lucky enough - even a few blown engines due to sudden loss of fuel pressure @ wot & leaning the hell out of your car.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
AtlSrt4 said:
yes. it will be nice to see alot of burned fuel pumps, too. Alot of quick disconnect fittings blown off, ruptured hoses & maybe - and only maybe, if you're lucky enough - even a few blown engines due to sudden loss of fuel pressure @ wot & leaning the hell out of your car.
ouch. :grimrippe

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
there is no way in hell you can make anywhere near 400whp with the stock injectors regardless of fuel pressure.

maybe ~310whp max with extra fuel pressure

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
vector4 said:
there is no way in hell you can make anywhere near 400whp with the stock injectors regardless of fuel pressure.

maybe ~310whp max with extra fuel pressure
it says in the mod list that he has stage 2 injectors.(post #2)

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
AtlSrt4 said:
i also meant that you would obvioulsly need a high flow fuel pump and bigger injectors. just not 750cc. if he's running 21psi on a 50 trim that damn near 400whp. correct?

he does have bigger injectors. i wasn't referring to stock injectors.

nigel

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AtlSrt4 said:
I have a walbro 255 fuel pump so there should be no issue with the pump going out just because I raised the fuel pressure. Which quick disconnect fittings and hoses are you talking about that will blow off or rupture? If I am correct the stage 3 runs at 75psi so the fuel lines should be able to hold another 5 fine if thats the hose you are referring to that may repture. With the way the mod is put in there is no way it can have a "sudden" loss of fuel pressure. The mod will never come out with the way its put in.

turbo666 said:
i also meant that you would obvioulsly need a high flow fuel pump and bigger injectors. just not 750cc. if he's running 21psi on a 50 trim that damn near 400whp. correct?

he does have bigger injectors. i wasn't referring to stock injectors.

nigel
I have a walbro 255 fuel pump and with the mod its just like I have 750's in the car almost. You are correct I should be damn near 400whp at 21-22 psi...only time will tell. We finished up my water injection today...went to eat lunch...came back to help his roomate put some shingle on the house. Somehow his roommate shot the nailgun through his hand so I brought him to hospitol to get it stitched. In other words the FTM was not able to be installed today...when his hand heals it will be.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
dude, here is some food for thought.
Walbro fuel pump, 750cc injectors & agp Fuel return line....
20lbs of boost I am pulling over 25% of fuel all across...
static fuel pressure is 43psi, plus 1psi per 1psi of boost = 63psi @ WOT...
Now, while the mod you are doing is cheap, and works - it will put alot of strain on your fuel pump. Anyone who knows anything about GENERAL principles of operation of a pump & what affects the wear & tear can tell you that. Also, it is bad for your motor (fuel pump motor) as it has to work harder to maintain higher pressures it will also heat up alot more. More heat in the motor = failed insulation (causing a short) or simply burned conductors & connections.
Also... 400whp on pump gas & 21psi, in decent weather (not too hot), even with all the supporting mods will be very hard to achieve. & so far only few people claim to have done it... Now, if you have a tubular manifold atop of all the other supporting mods - you should be able to pull it off.
Also, keep in mind that ALOT of people likes to exxegerate when they speak of their dyno numbers. SO, reasonably - hope for 370-390ish whp - that way you won't be dissapointed too bad. :)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
vschaos said:
...With the way the mod is put in there is no way it can have a "sudden" loss of fuel pressure. The mod will never come out with the way its put in...
By just raising fuel pressure that you want the pump to burn you WILL cause it to fail earlier. It will cause alot more wear & tear on the gears & all, including the motor as I mentioned earlier. Now, once pump starts to cavitate you will not be able to maintain your fuel pressure. If you are WOT & this happens suddenly you WILL lean out & you know what happens when you do.
I am just saying - it is good to save money, but be smart about things & be safe. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
AtlSrt4 said:
See it's people like you that come on here and make unbased bashing comments about a product they nothing about that I hate. You need to do a little research before you say something like that.

John at ptperformance did months of testing these. He has one on a car running 100psi and no fuel lines have popped off. And he talked to Walbro engineers about pump concerns and they said the pump was fine up to about 100psi. And there is snap ring that holds the pill in the pressure regulator so it will not come out causing pressure loss. Also like already stated the S3R runs 75psi so do you honestly think DCX would have you running something thats only 5 psi below the system abilities? I think John once stated that the quick connects would hold 120 or more psi.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
srtowner said:
See it's people like you that come on here and make unbased bashing comments about a product they nothing about that I hate. You need to do a little research before you say something like that.

John at ptperformance did months of testing these. He has one on a car running 100psi and no fuel lines have popped off. And he talked to Walbro engineers about pump concerns and they said the pump was fine up to about 100psi. And there is snap ring that holds the pill in the pressure regulator so it will not come out causing pressure loss. Also like already stated the S3R runs 75psi so do you honestly think DCX would have you running something thats only 5 psi below the system abilities? I think John once stated that the quick connects would hold 120 or more psi.
statement was not unbased & most def was not bashing. Now, as for the product in MY OPINION it is GARBAGE. Again, in MY OPINION. And as far as the fuel pump is concerned - ask around a bit buddy, & you will see that it is failing "pretty frequently" with even lesser fuel pressure.
Whether he did months of research & concluded that the mod is safe - is irrelevant here. Why? Simple because there are too many uncontrolled variables. His pump & fittings survived it just fine? GREAT. There were quiet a few SRT-4s putting down over 500whp on STOCK internals. Does that make it reliable & safe? I mean, engine is holding it just fine, their car did not blow up (yet) - true, it is UNDER ALOT MORE STRESS - but does that mean that chances of it failing are higher? YES IT DOES!
On any mechanical or electric component, no matter what it is - one basic rule always applies - more stress = lesser durability. So, now bring any arguments you want into this - and that rule still stands. :hi:

·
Registered
8,532 Posts

Now, as for the product in MY OPINION it is GARBAGE.

Well that looks like a bashing comment to me.

So if you are going to worry about the pump failing you should start worrying about that map clamp you have failing. Shure would hate to see it suddenly fail causing your pcm to see how much boost you are running and lean out the car and blow the motor.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts