Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I love my Iceman.. NO experience w/ the PSI intake.. however it was my 2nd choice.. These 2 intakes will def be the most "non heat conductive" true CAI avail.. If only because of the materials that are used.. However the Iceman is deisgned for the least amount airflow restriction ad maximizes air volume and velocity at the turbo..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
You're probably splitting hairs when it comes to performance, heat soak or "sound". If you are settled on either of the 2, I like the looks of the PSI-FI. Looks fantastic...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I had the Iceman and now I have the Psi-Fi.

I think the Iceman would be awesome if you can get it to fit properly. I had really bad fitment of the Iceman due to my car being early 2003. The "-" battery terminal would hit the hood among other things. Iceman has a fix for it now and I still think it's a great product, but I did not want to take a chance.

Psi-Fi also rules. Installation was a breeze compared to the Iceman. It's a simple, non-heat soak designed CAI. Chances of hydrolock would be less that the Iceman and comparable to the stock airbox. Leaves more roon in the engine bay than the Iceman.

Final: I think they're equal. Felt a little gain on the butt dyno for both. I think it comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a bunch everyone.

Speedo,
I've read that the iceman is LOUD, is the PSI the same or less loud?
Also does the PSI move the battery? And do they supply the necessary hardware for doing so like the iceman does?

Anyone else have comments?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
not to put down the psi fi intake, i like it lots, but didnt lucy remove hers due to it being a rather large air restriction? I had heard psi was gonna remedy this, anyone know if they have ?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Fade621 said:
not to put down the psi fi intake, i like it lots, but didnt lucy remove hers due to it being a rather large air restriction? I had heard psi was gonna remedy this, anyone know if they have ?
That happened only b/c she was pushing some serious HP. If you're still on a stock turbo it won't make any difference. And yes they are working on upgrading their CAI system to a higher flow filter.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Speedooooo said:
That happened only b/c she was pushing some serious HP. If you're still on a stock turbo it won't make any difference. And yes they are working on upgrading their CAI system to a higher flow filter.
thanks for info, im sure some peeps needed to know that. Esp those who are gonna be upgrading the turbo.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts

off topic, but i have to get this off my chest...

the area right there...just under the ass fold, upper inner thigh bump there...ahh yeah, i'd munch on that a couple two three hours alone...how luscious.

ok now, carry on...

·
Registered
866 Posts
robino, I was thinking the same thing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.