Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is pretty much the same runner orientation as the Cast Tubular manifold that is in development. The wastegate will go directly off the back of the collector(the "missed" weld). Whatcha all think?
This is F/S too, Id like $500 for it :hi:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Looks like it's flanged for either a Mitsu or Garrett turbo :clap:

Maybe I'm just not understanding? Where exactly is the WG going to be mounted?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-ND4SPD- said:
Looks like it's flanged for either a Mitsu or Garrett turbo :clap:

Maybe I'm just not understanding? Where exactly is the WG going to be mounted?

T3 and T4. A mitsu will work great if you have a Garrett housing ;) The wastegate goes directly off the back of the collector. See that unfinished weld going from top-to-bottom on the collector? Right there!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
No, still waiting on some parts from PSI-FI. They should be here this week.

Did you wire the Walbro pump directly to the alternator? bypassing the weak stock 12v feed and replace it with a strong feed off the Alternator which is about 13.5volts..? It should support 450hp..

Later..
-Alex

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had it wired directly off the battery via a relay. Still didnt matter. To keep from going lean, I had to keep bumping up the fuel pressure, and it kept going leaner. That was it! So the big pump went on.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Damn.. I might have to consider a better pump then..

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Tinker219 said:
The wastegate goes directly off the back of the collector. See that unfinished weld going from top-to-bottom on the collector? Right there!
OK...I get it now. :readclose

·
Banned
5,330 Posts
Or bigger injectors and less pressure. Pumps can supply more volume at lower pressures. A walbro can suppy about 15% more flow at 50psi than it can at 80psi
Nemo out...

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Is the WG going to be mounted real tight to the runners or will it veer off to the side or down? Personally I like the placement off to the side as it's easier to access to change springs & can be shown off a bit as it's more visable. I know that it'd be easier to plum the WG back into the down pipe from the back of bottom but it's reall not to hard from the side either? I can't wait :eeeek:

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The wastegate goes straight off the back of the collector toward the firewall. The location is SWEET because Im using a TiAl 35mm wastegate on 22 psi, and it holds rock steady.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts