Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This unit was delivered for fitting and to test design. This unit is only the Knob, at the moment this is all the info I know :wink: :

1) 100% American made from highly polished aluminum
2) reduces height by about .75 of an inch
3) REAL aluminum..not like the plastic crap that mOpar gave us with a casting ridge in the middle !
4) weighted.. feels nice and solid
5) will never ever rip off when your shifting hard like the pop on knob will do due to a trick "badass" locking mechanism.
6)Since its a prototype it will see changes, mainly to be more circular and the shift pattern will be etched into the top of it.

Pics will follow *sorry*

·
Registered
534 Posts
me = curious

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

What you all think?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm likin it...I personally go for the stock shape...leather wrapped w/ metal on the sides...also i would like it lower to the ground...its just my oppinion...but the nob is really nice...Hey kinda off the subject...would you happen to know if there is a short shifter kit or if they are a universal type of thing?...just curious...

·
Registered
534 Posts
A1337>PB< said:
LOOKS FUCKEN GAY!!! lol im kidding... wow good job.. how much and ware did u get it... looks sharp... good job :)
haha excuse him...hes a n00b...lol j/k

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are considering a non polished version. The price will be (not firm yet but tentatively set at) $49.99 and the vendor will be Modern Performance. This unit will fit all Neons and SRT4.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a non polished version IS being considered so post your suggestions and i'll make sure the right people hear about them :wink: 8)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Metal knobs suck. They get so damn hot and so damn cold. Looks really sweet though.

JC

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
SpitterGuy said:
They should make a leather bonnet for it for hot days (and cold days), just take the bonnet of and ta-da, instant aluminum knob.
Very good idea Spitter.

They would need to fasten (velcro strap maybe) the leather pretty good so it wouldn' t come off while bangin the gears.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
A1337>PB< said:
LOOKS FUCKEN GAY!!! lol im kidding... wow good job.. how much and ware did u get it... looks sharp... good job :)

I honestly think its gay...well actually more like a rip off/ waste of cash. They should be working on a short shifter, and please DONT anyone tell me the srt has a short throw shifter!

Here is why:

Cali

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
HybridKid
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing