Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the pros and cons of switching from 205/50-17 to 205/40-17(which is the recomended tire size for 17's on a regular 2k neon). i can think of a few, faster acceleration, speedometer error, weight?, dono...

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Are you going to lower the car? If not, you'll add to the gapeing wheel gaps!!

Here's a Tire-Wheel calculator that you can play with and see what the actual errors are.

http://gs.tolan-hoechst.com/tirecalc.htm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes....i plan on getting some ssr competition wheels, and lowering all at once. wheel gaps are fugly. a 7% speedometer error isn't that bad is it....reads 75 while going 70?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
17x6 dont know offset.... so what would be pros/cons of getting a lower profile tire?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have seen several Neons, including one SRT-4, with 215/35-18s. Here is a picture of one

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0110scc_moparmorph/index.html

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i will be getting 19's. +2 isnt that bad as long as you keep the same overall diameter. with the huge gap 18's will look fine.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I think the offset all depends on what width wheel and tire you are gonna go with. the wider the wheel and tire combo, the lower your offset is gonna have to be. I beleive that the stock wheels have a +45mm offset, i was actually considering getting a 18x8 inch wheel with a +35mm offset, with 225/40-18 tires...... assuming of course, that they will fit.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
so who is the first to get some new wheels and tires? i want to see how big you can go before rubbage.

·
Registered
532 Posts
SSR Competition Wheels

Insert clever sn here: I might have something differnet here you want to look at. I have SSR Competitions on my current vehicle. Now granted they are 15" wheels , but they only weigh 12.5-13 pounds each. From what I've read on here a seriously light wheel is probably going to make hooking the SRT4 up that much more difficult. I'm not trying to discourage you just help you make a more informed decision. I personally love them, but the condition of the roads here in rural Alabama make it very difficult to keep from ruining them. I've already warped three and at appr. $250 each it adds up in a hurry! :D I hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
109 Posts
5X100

1 - 20 of 20 Posts