Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sources claim that DCC will be producing 100,000 of these PER YEAR... with an option of 5 speed tranny, or auto!

Anyone have more information?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I do not have additional info, but I am glad
to see DC mass producing this turbo engine.
Nothing can build my faith in a product more
than seeing the factory crank them out. Not
to mention the benefit of cheaper parts. :)

Between the PT and the SRT-4, I imagine we
are going to see a number of mods arrive for
this little engine, too. That should be sweet.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I think the aftermarket is going to treat this platform very well :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd wish the PT would get 300+hp out of that turbo from the factory with rwd and a 6-speed tran. That would be very cool. Put it at $24k to $k28 and I'd trade my GT in right now. That is one cool car none the less.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Well im not too thrilled with the Getrag tranny myself i mean if its as vaunted as Getrags oif yore why not use it in the SRT4? Another thing to note is what is up with that dinky exhaust on the PT Turbo?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The getrag is great on the supra 6speeds.

Im glade that there are alot of these engines coming out. THere are cams already ready for it. kewl!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
the cams have been out for years ...where ya been hector them fatty cells getting to your brain :roll: :oops: 8) :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
theyll be using this engine in the razor too.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i heard it already got the green light. but, i dont know if its true or not. hope it is.

·
Registered
48 Posts
With projected sales of 100,000 units, Chrysler's parts sales volume is bound to increase.

Each new owner will need:

Extra Horn
Folding, heated mirrors
Rear Sway Bar
Passenger Front door lock cylinder
Lighted Rear Window switches
Cargo Net
Driver Seat Height adjustment.
Driver's Left Foot rest
(and who knows what else Chrysler left off of the 2003 GT. My guess is that it wasn't done to "reduce unsprung weight")

If every one bought all the above items, they would have the honor of moving progressively backwards to have their '03 GT meet the build of the '02 Touring Edition that Chrysler claimed all GTs would start life with the same build level.

Maybe this is the way Chrysler plans to get their sales volume back up; by selling a "kit Car", that the customer has to finish building. A boost gauge would have been a great item to have included in the base build-up. As far as I know, Chrysler has the distinction of being the first to make a Turbo Charged vehicle that didn't have a boost gauge.

All this said, I still like mine. I traded an '02 Touring Edition in on it, and I miss the features I had to give up, hated the beating I took on the depreciation (around 12 grand in 13 months).... All this for a little quicker ride, that is destined to be a sleeper...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
Dalite
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing