Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a stage 2 with no turbo toys 03 srt4. Bought the car with few problems that im working to get fixed, mechanically and body wise, ive been having a issue were if im at a dead stop and im speeding up slowly seems like my car is pissing out air, if i dont give it throttle heavily speeding up i will hear that air leak through every gear this also happens when im at a constant speed seems like if my wastegate was stuck open at low rpm, Could it be that its time for a new one or is there another thing someone with the same issue can help me out with? If so to replace the wastegate is there any steps i should take prior to swapping it out since its at a stage 2 tune. fwy im new to this tuned car scene tia

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
66 Posts
Boost leak test first find out where for sure it's leaking from then fix the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And if for some reason it was the wastegate being screwed up is there anything to know before replacing wastegate or can any wastegate work

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
66 Posts
Pcm boost control=factory weak wga spring

If off pcm boost control
any adjustable heavier spring will work. That's made for the stock turbo srt-4 that is. But the higher the spring pressure the higher the spike and boost hold and you can't adjust below that spring pressure you can adjust the spike + but not - below that spring pressure. You would need to go with one that fits what your looking for. Could keep going on about that but that the basics I believe.

For your setup either agp wga with the weakest spring and adjust it to where it needs to be or the fm wga. I do not have experience with this one though. Or if you find one just another factory one will do the job just fine as well. I believe the factory wga has been in the 12 maybe 11s not sure but anyways. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
before we can even begin to suspect what might be wrong with it, we need to know what all is done to it. Almost zero of these cars are stock.

What mods are on the car? My car did something that sounds exactly like this, but all it was was a leaky turboXS RFL blow off valve....

does the car have issues boosting? what psi are you getting out of the turbo?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only thing is a stage 2 tune without the toys and when im boosting were i actually get on it ill be at 15 psi only problem when boosting is if i get on it lightly then thats when it wont hold boost.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
only thing is a stage 2 tune without the toys and when im boosting were i actually get on it ill be at 15 psi only problem when boosting is if i get on it lightly then thats when it wont hold boost.
you shouldn't be boosting at part throttle if you can help it. these cars basically want all the boost, or none at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what i meant to say is that when i get on it lightly it sounds like air is leaking out bad somewhere Like i can be stopped at a stoplight and i start moving and lets say im going 5-10 mph and i hold that speed air starts to pour out bad and it will only go away when i give it throttle but i cant hold constant speed at any speed without the air leaking somewhere up front

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
your only option is to do a boost leak test and see if you find a massive leak somewhere.

Reactions: Orosteve
1 - 9 of 9 Posts