Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was running fine and all of a sudden it started sputtering and not increasing unless I left off and slowly increase. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it’s not. Seems like it’s getting worse. Turbo isn’t squealing. Engine temp and oil pressure is fine.
my first srt4 so I need your wisdom and I’m sure these are stupid questions so save the bs comments please. I’m genuinely looking for help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My car was running fine and all of a sudden it started sputtering and not increasing unless I left off and slowly increase. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it’s not. Seems like it’s getting worse. Turbo isn’t squealing. Engine temp and oil pressure is fine.
my first srt4 so I need your wisdom and I’m sure these are stupid questions so save the bs comments please. I’m genuinely looking for help.
Maybe it's sparkplug blowout from your plugs getting worn out. My suggestion is to take a look at the plugs, measure the gap, and replace if necessary.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Maybe it's sparkplug blowout from your plugs getting worn out. My suggestion is to take a look at the plugs, measure the gap, and replace if necessary.
This right here is most likely your issue. If the plugs dont fix your issue, consider replacing the coil pack and plug wires also.

Any codes? A bad/failing cam sensor/cam magnet will do that along with a crank sensor
typically when the cam sensor issue pops up it'll cause a limp mode condition which kicks in around 2500 RPM, but yes this is another possibility.

Check the plugs/wires first, then report back to us on how she runs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was an oxygen fuel sensor
I replaced spark plugs and wires as well after we found the issue

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have this issue currently, I have to let off the gas slightly then get back on it.

So your saying it was your O2 sensor in your exhaust?

I already changed out the coil pack, plugs and gapped then tight...it helped a little but came back. I have not done the wires yet.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
ya know... this thread has me thinking. I'm still riding on my original o2 sensors.... i've had some drivability issues i've sort of just ignored... maybe... just maybe... my upstream sensor could use a replacement....

then again... i'm also on my original cam sensor, crank sensor, and magnet too.... haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts