Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my wga along with mbc about 2 weeks ago...at the time of the install, everything was going fine. I was spiking 18 holding 16 in 3rd and 4th. Now, when I WOT, it sounds like I am leaking boost, but the guage doesnt show a leak, so I shut my mbc closed because I was worried about surge that I read in the new sport compact car. I realized last night that if I floor it, I dont get too much power, but if I let off the gas a little after I floor it, I am getting spikes to about 18. When with the mbc closed, I am getting 15 at WOT. Any idea why this is doing this, and does anyone know what can be causing this boost leak sound? Very loud spool, not like when i first installed it. You can see my sig for the other mods. Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...help!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to the top

·
Registered
741 Posts
Simple, too much boost. Get at least stage 1 if you want to run that much boost. The computer is just retarding timing as there is not enough fuel to support 18psi.

Percy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have stage 1, read sig

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tightened my wga and opened up the boost a little...same problem....really no power if i floor it but as soon as i let off on the gas a lil, i get a big boost spike...i have no clue wats going on, but bothering the hell out of me

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bumpy

·
Registered
741 Posts
fuk n/a said:

sry about that. Try setting up your WGA to 12psi without the mbc, then play with the mbc to see what happens.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can i just shut the mbc, or do i have to remove it....just shut it right? I did that when i set everything up the first time tho. I just went out and put the boost up...its hittin 17 in third wen i floor it, then as soon as i let off, its throwing the boost past 20. I really wana know y its spiking wen i let off the gas...thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hot side pipe is rediculously leaking...just ordered new pipes, but i need the cold side with no flange...anyone know where i can get these pipes...E.D. doesnt have the no flange anymore, it'll be over a month to get here and I cant drive with a leak like that for that long.

·
Registered
115 Posts
mbc's

you need to either call me when you get a chance or do some research on the MBC. Everything is OK I have the answer just not sure I can make sense of if i try to type it out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the pressure pipe package from jmb. But now i just realized that when the car makes this loud spool, it doesnt blow off when i shift. So now im thinking that the Mopar BOV is leaking. Has this happened to anyone yet?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so i finally fixed it...it was my friggen wastegate! I guess it was opening up too soon. I adjusted it so that the 2 nuts are further away from eachother. They used to be really close together, but when I moved them further apart, no more loud spool sound. But when i turned my boost up, the noise came back again, so I shut it off. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Ill figure it out tomorrow, I burned my hand like three times tonight trying to adjust that damn thing. How far are the 2 nuts from eachother on some of your guys wga's?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts