Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im throwing these 2 codes now p 0633 and p 0107.

anyone know what they are? happen after my big turbo install. search isnt workin so im postin away deal with it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if the 0107 is the map sensor i should just replace it right? also my car is having problems turning on. like it will just not turn on at some times just vroom after it turns on than just dies...

·
Registered
22 Posts
With my stage 2 upgrade one of the parts with the kit was a different map sensor which stands for manifold absolute pressure so with you installing a bigger turbo i have a feeling your stock map is not able to figure out the needed manifold pressure cause of the bigger turbo hence manifold pressures change along with boost increase, this is why you get the map sensor low code. the map sensor that came with my stage 2 by mopar was a 3.0 so you might try that

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
xtatic said:
so if the 0107 is the map sensor i should just replace it right? also my car is having problems turning on. like it will just not turn on at some times just vroom after it turns on than just dies...
Damn, I saw a post that addressed this very issue, I will try to look for it for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
btw you might want to replace your tps throttle position sensor, also my stage 2 came with a 3.0 tps now bear in mind i did not go with a bigger turbo but a reprogammed ecm(engine control management) and a retuned wastegate so my guess is this changes the way your throttle senses what position it is in thus the hard starting and the thing just reving like you explained. hope this was of some help, good luck on it.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I dont know if this is going to help you out but in the narrative
he mentions
there's no problems at all in regards to startup
By the way this post is from funks :readclose

If you do the following - GT3071R or 50 trim DBB turbo, S2 ECU, S2 MAP, S2 TIP, S2 Injectors, Return fuel kit, Walbro Fuel Pump, and LIMIT max boost to around 18-19 psi (MBC) - Install a check valve on the fuel pressure regulators pressure reference port (so that it doesn't see vacuum), set it at 58 psi base fuel pressure) then you won't have any hesitation and other drivability problems at all with the BFT.

A local car i'm working on is running the above setup (well, just waiting for the return fuel kit to get in, but everything else is there) - and there's no problems at all in regards to startup, and closed loop operation, and no hesitation. Drive's like stock and there's no partial throttle full boost problems.

This works because under closed loop operation, the ECU is controlling the injectors it was tuned for, moreover - it's running at the fuel pressure the ECU was intended to control. The 1:1 only kicks in while under boost where it's needed and the computer kicks into open loop mode (big turbo, same psi, more airflow, hence more fuel required).

As soon as you go big injectors w/ any of the of the ECU's (S1, S2) then flop in a piggy back then you'll be asking for tuning and other problems.

Yes, the above setup will limit your power output to mid 350's or so, but then again - most of us use our cars as a daily driver, not as a drag race - dyno queen.

As for the bottle neck mod (spoolboy), I personally believe it's a bunch of BS - at least under closed loop/cruising. The setup above does not have said mod and it doesn't have any hesitation - the key is to work with the ECU, and not funk with it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thnx a lot. i also am running a stage 1 ecu and i never got any of these codes untill the big turbo, includeing the 0633

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
stage 2 came with a new TIP sensor, not TPS. TPS goes on the throttle body. I beleive the TIP is Turbo Inlet Pressure...or something. Don't know. But get the new MAP sensor if you can.

And the 0633 probably was there with the stage one, but it won't light the CEL, so thats why you probably didn't notice it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts