Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here is the deal. This last weekend i had Justin from JMB performance install a CAI (full 3" with the new dry cell battery), a UPP with a HKS SSQ BOV, and a catch can. Now other than that all the mods i have are Stage 2 w/o toys, full 3" turbo back exhaust, and Magnecor wires. My problem is this..before the install i would boost up to 19 psi and hold 16-17 till redline. Now all i can get is a spike to 17 then i drops immediatly to 15 then to 13 by redline. This has truly got me flustered as to why it dropped boost like this. The only thing i can see that was not hooked up as it was before was the ambient air sensor in the intake. It is actually just sitting next to my battery tray attached to nothing. Could that be the problem?
The part about my times is this..before i had those mods installed last weekend i was running 13.6-13.7 with a 2.1-2.2 60ft at around 103 mph. Not bad but i feel it should be better. This last Tuesday i ran at the track and now my E.T.'s have dropped about a tenth but my mph went up 2 to 105. I cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong besides the boost issue. I have no stutter or flutter under WOT but i do have a slight misfire while idleing. Anyone who can lend some help to me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Edit: One other question..with the stage 2 setup what would be the PROPER gap for the plugs? I've seen EVERYTHING from .45-.30 Please someone with proper knowledge on this subject please respond!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok guys come on! I need some suggestions here!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I've been doing that and i think its SLOWLY trying to go back to the higher boost schedule. Now i can get 19 psi in third but its still falling back too much. Gonna get the stupid thing leak checked too and see if that is a problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Problem seems alot like that discussed in the OCT 2004 SCC article. The ECU sees less exhaust backpressure and has adjusted itself. They said that they did some 4 gears pulls on the dyno to re-train the ECU. maybe this is problem maybe not. anyway at least do a leak test, to elim anything simple like loose clamp.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
the temperature dropped about 30 degrees durring your install that night and it was the first time the temp had dropped in our area and has been lower since.

that is why you are seeing lower boost.......the computer lowers boost in colder temps. you would probably be seeing a couple PSI lower if you didnt have the CAI and the UPP.

get that AIT trick Justin told you about, reset your ECU after that and you'll see the same boost.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you're right on the temp thing. I'm having Justin set me up like his so we'll see how that goes HOPEFULLY it will fix the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.