Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we'll went to the track saturday night and the motor slamed the firewall so i got out of it. well the next night i got into it and then soon after it started blowing off at part throttle and going down the road it constanly blows off making a hissing sound. we cant figure out what it is and the dearlership said that the mopar bov needed to be reflashed. any ideas guys?

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
wormwas said:
we'll went to the track saturday night and the motor slamed the firewall so i got out of it. well the next night i got into it and then soon after it started blowing off at part throttle and going down the road it constanly blows off making a hissing sound. we cant figure out what it is and the dearlership said that the mopar bov needed to be reflashed. any ideas guys?

lol. nice. sorry i can't be of any help there good be many a diff things wrong.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
first off theres no such thing as the Mopar BOV being reflashed considering there is no circuitry in the BOV. That would be the Computer that would need to be reflashed but i doubt that would be the problem. Second the BOV may need to be tightend or is installed incorrectly. Third the hissing sound is the first indication that the BOV is loose. i hope i answered all of your questions.

Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
get a Turbo XS RFL ( Really fu*king loud) blow off valve. but its all on person preferance.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
car

yea the Dealership said that it needed to be reflashed. We got into it over it and they werent happy cause i told them they dont know shit about there own cars. But when i lanched at 2500 rpm's it hit the firewall like 3 or 4 times and left a nice kiss mark on it from the turbo hitting it. but going down the road it 2nd gear pulling anywhere from 18 to 8lbs of vacume it starts like blowing off like crazy and its while we are at a steady speed too. i just dont know what it is. And will check the tightness of the bov tomorrow at work.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
AdvanSRT-4 said:
With the car in idle, pop the hoop and wigle the TPS wire, see if the engine trie to die, idle weird. Similar problem happened to me a wile back.
very true also!!

Mike

·
Registered
574 Posts
hey, whats up.. the things that your describing are basicaly the same things that i delt with.. im farely new at this but just for shit and giggles i let you know what i went through...., i had gone to the track.. and im not going to lie, i beat the hell of my 04'... you know, to see what it had.. after about six visits or so to the dealer we had discovered that since had so called "doged" it out, that the motor was lifting a good amount and had snaped what they called the T.P.S. ground wire, from the motor lifting.. ask them to play with that connection which is located by the throttle body.. they will know what you are talking about.. and see what they come up with... after they went that route with mine everything was back to normal... i had the same hissing sound.. my advise is take off the blow off plate from mopar.. if indeed the plate is what your talking about, because from research i have come across i here that plates are known for sometimes being defective.. how you ask... I HAVE KNOW IDEA! but took mine off just in case.. i really dont need anything myself until i exceed 300+hsp... hope i could help.... let me know the out come, if you dont mind... Thanks, Cuz. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.