Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the dealership today to see what the best price would be for a new 2004 srt-4. the price was 28000 for it fully loaded and with all the taxes and what not the grand total was just over 36000. she asked me what i thought of it and i told her that seems a tad high. i also told her that i wanted the exaust changed, bov installed and tien full adjustable suspension as well installed upon delivery of the car. so she goes to the manager and she comes back and tells me 1800 for those mods. she talks some more and then asked me what i thought was fair, i think for a moment and i tell her the most i would pay would be 30000 for everything inc the mods. and she gives in. to make a long story short i thought that i can go elsewhere and get a better deal or is this as good as it gets. let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
23,500 usd for you American folks.

List mods in detail please newbie.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
newbie said:
went to the dealership today to see what the best price would be for a new 2004 srt-4. the price was 28000 for it fully loaded and with all the taxes and what not the grand total was just over 36000. she asked me what i thought of it and i told her that seems a tad high. i also told her that i wanted the exaust changed, bov installed and tien full adjustable suspension as well installed upon delivery of the car. so she goes to the manager and she comes back and tells me 1800 for those mods. she talks some more and then asked me what i thought was fair, i think for a moment and i tell her the most i would pay would be 30000 for everything inc the mods. and she gives in. to make a long story short i thought that i can go elsewhere and get a better deal or is this as good as it gets. let me know what you guys think.
what dealership did u go to...i didnt think that dealerships could get the Tein coilovers...the bov and exhaust they can do but dont know about the coils

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i told her tien but when she came back she was saying mopar. i checked mopar and there are 2 different adjustible suspensions stage 2 or 2 but stage 2 costs 1800 already. and it was 427 and evens.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
all these posts about price and getting the best deal.....if u want the car just buy the damm thing dont sit there price shopping

go to the dealer ask them whats the best they can do....they tell u....then tell them, well here is what i want to pay....then they go back to the F&I office

either one of two things can happen

they will say no or say yes they are ok with your offer....

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
here is another most of you are leaving out

the price does that include freight / ac tax / fuel tax ?

does that also include taxes?

need to be more specific with these claims of what u paid or what u are going to pay

for example

Total selling price = 26000 (approx)
add
freight
ac tax
fuel tax

--------------> 27000 (approx)

then u add pst + gst = 31050 <------------ this is what u paid

subtract any money down <-------------this is not what u paid

667 Posts
cough...... cough...... Chrysler Employee....... cough....... cough....... :rofl:

Personally, I never trust car salesmen...... Do research, including forums, decide on the car, then go in and talk dollars only when you are ready to buy. Never go in not knowing exactly what you want or what extras you want installed.

Preferably you will want financing ready to go (sorry Richard), since if you turn around and tell them you are all "Cashed Up" and ready to go, with credit card in hand for the downpayment you are then in the drivers seat.

You should never go in and just say you want "adjustable suspension" installed, that leave it open to interpretation.. You should be in there with part numbers on exactly what you want.

I've also found you never get the best price unless they see your credit card out for the downpayment...... And then ask for an extra $500 off.....

Patrique

kaminarineon said:
all these posts about price and getting the best deal.....if u want the car just buy the damm thing dont sit there price shopping

go to the dealer ask them whats the best they can do....they tell u....then tell them, well here is what i want to pay....then they go back to the F&I office

either one of two things can happen

they will say no or say yes they are ok with your offer....
:rofl:

667 Posts
Don't you have some Single mother you have to phone and threaten to reposses their '97 Caravan Richard??

In between surfing the net or course :rofl:

Patrique

kaminarineon said:
dont listen to canfedex --- finance your car through Chrylser Financial :rofl: dont give the bank your money they just rip you off

at Chrysler Financial they will treat u with respect and courtesty that u deserve :readclose
:rofl:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am going to pay cash for the car. i was planning on buying it in feb or march. i was waiting for the 05 to come out here in canada. or are they not comming out here. she told me that they are not but i am not sure. and yes 30000 for everything inc tax and all that other shit. maybe if i wait a bit longer i can get it for less and no its not through family or friend deal. the only reason i went is to get a idea of the price. and the suspension i specificly told her to me adjustable where i can lower or raise it as i please.

667 Posts
'05's are coming to Canada, I think some are already here. Right now you'll get good deals on the '04's that are left. Probably not so much on the '05's...... plus I believe the MSRP for the '05's is like $1000 more.

Good luck.

Height adjustable is Mopar Stage2 Coil overs..... Little over $1800 CAD. Make sure you specify Mopar Stage2 when you talk to them. Never assume.

newbie said:
i am going to pay cash for the car. i was planning on buying it in feb or march. i was waiting for the 05 to come out here in canada. or are they not comming out here. she told me that they are not but i am not sure. and yes 30000 for everything inc tax and all that other shit. maybe if i wait a bit longer i can get it for less and no its not through family or friend deal. the only reason i went is to get a idea of the price. and the suspension i specificly told her to me adjustable where i can lower or raise it as i please.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
canfedex said:
'05's are coming to Canada, I think some are already here. Right now you'll get good deals on the '04's that are left. Probably not so much on the '05's...... plus I believe the MSRP for the '05's is like $1000 more.

Good luck.

Height adjustable is Mopar Stage2 Coil overs..... Little over $1800 CAD. Make sure you specify Mopar Stage2 when you talk to them. Never assume.
i may have to inform warranty guys that u have modified your car there Mr Fed Ex

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
canfedex said:
No MODs here Mr Chrysler Lackey.... Unlike a certain Coil Over Installing, Stage1 running owner I know.... In fact just got back from Ontario Chrysler where they did my 10,000km service.

Patrique
10,000 kms :wah?!: thats alot im justing hitting 8000 km's

no lackey here buddy.....and my car is stock

667 Posts
kaminarineon said:
.....and my car is stock
AAAA...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Yeah, I buy my cars to drive....

Back on Topic:

:hijacked:

The only time I would get dealer financing is if they offered a rate below what your bank would give you, which you wont currently get on an SRT. I did dealer on my last car, 1.9% with Mazda.

Patrique

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.