Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty new to this forum and car, but I am planning on some MAJOR modifications. Well, around 5-7K worth.

I don't know where to begin though. Everytime I think of something. I find another thread that contradicts.

Who to believe?

Ya know. Like

Go stage II until III is out.

Go ATP turbo kit with stage I

Go AGP kit with stage I

Emanage or not?

I mean its ridiculous and I need some truthful help from a fellow enthusiast.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Buy whatever you want. You are the one that drives the car. What one person likes doesn't mean you will too. Make yourself happy.

·
Banned
5,254 Posts
I guess you need to figure out what is the end result that you are looking for. Then talk to some of the people who have achieved that result and ask how they did it.

·
OT Moderator
1,283 Posts
Hey man Im sorta in the same boat as you. Im getting my car around xmas time and will have alot of xtra $$ to play with. If you have that kind of loot to throw around I would say get some serious suspension absoultely FIRST. You can have all the power in the world but if you cant put it to the ground it almost worthless. Good luck man.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
keep it stock dude...
just get a nice 100 shot or nitrous...and you'll be able to use that money to buy a nice bike.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm looking for around 275-300 with the stock turbo for now.

I definetly plan on a turbo kit within six months.

My modifications done to date are as follows:

Stage 0, apexi TT, agp bop, mopar ss with boogers, mopar stage III suspension, motor mounts, mopar f & r sway bars, dc sports struts, ed hard pipe kit with rfl mounted to it.

As you can see I am very good with suspension mods. I came to this car from a previous integra type R. The cars is great, but missed the handling of the R.

I am looking into power now.

Thanks for all your help. If anyone has any other comments to help me out with motor mods please let me know.

Ray, I have definetly been reading the board a lot about the high hp srt4s, and like what i've been hearing except for the contradictions between different things mentioned in my first post.

ED, I have been thinking of stage I with Emanage to get me started with the HP problems. However, there is one dyno here and I think these guys are more into hondas and I wasn't pleased with the installation of my TT. Do you know of any board members in the Georgia/SC area that could give me more help in tuning?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
in the end, its all up to u dude.

different set-ups for different personalities. if u have the money, i would just hold out for stage 3. if ur poor like me, u'll buy stage 2 w/toys then get the upgrade next summer. LOL

or u can go with the home-made set-up:
stage 1, agp wga, bc, power-paq, motor mounts, exhaust, intake, short-shifter, drag radials and u will have a mid 12s SRT!!!

read around...ask the big dawgs like Ray!!! His SRT will snap your neck...LOL

Good Luck!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts