Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stoneville, N.C. — Darrell Cox Racing will return to South Florida NHRA Sport Compact Nationals at Moroso Motorsports Park on April 1-2 with a new sponsor on their Hot Rod Dodge SRT-4. Dodge Motorsports and SRT (Street Racing Technology) have teamed up with Darrell Cox Racing to begin the season with the Dodge SRT-4 and then launch a new car at the NHRA Sport Compact World Finals in Pomona, CA. The Hot Rod Dodge SRT-4 will continue to be piloted by the “burnout king” of NHRA Xplod Sport Compact series, Mike Crawford.

The big step to Dodge Motorsports and SRT will not only change the paint scheme from Mopar blue to Dodge red, but will look to break new records and continue research and development on improving street and strip performance for Dodge vehicles. Darrell Cox, owner and crew chief, says “Mopars help and support with us over the 4-year relationship has been great and we are truly appreciative to all who has been involved in making it happen for us. Our switch to Dodge Motorsports and SRT is keeping us within the DaimlerChrysler family and we look forward to continuing the strong relationship.”

Looking forward on the 2006 season, Mike says “I am proud to be a part of the DaimlerChrysler family with Dodge Motorsports and SRT. We are one of the few teams that have stayed loyal to the brand from the beginning. We are looking forward to achieving our 2006 team goals and keeping fun in the sport.”

Season begins on April 1-2 at Moroso Motorsports Park in Jupiter, FL, or tune into ESPN2 on Sunday, April 9, 12pm or Wednesday, May 18, 2 a.m. For more info on Dodge Motorsports, SRT, Darrell Cox Racing, or Xplod NHRA Sport Compact, log on to www.dodge.com, www.srt-4racing.com, www.nhrasportcompact.com, or www.srtforums.com.

Darrell Cox Racing is based in Stoneville, North Carolina, and is a sole proprietorship specializing in SRT engine and transmission performance while being the only DaimlerChrysler Xplod NHRA Sport Compact series sponsored race team.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
This is some great news. I guess it's safe to say now that red is the fastest color. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dammit soo much going on this weekend shit...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Wow great news guys!!

Make sure you keep us posted on the results...I am expecting big things from Cox this year ;)

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Wow this is great news. It's so good to see DCR receive the support from Dodge Motorsports and SRT. What a great team. I'm sure we will see plenty of great racing this year.:eveilgrin

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
cant wait to see the PM drag car ;)

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Congratulations!

Move Over People Are Racing!

Any pics of the ride?

Marion

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Matt, we want pics of the new car here first..........or a pm will do.:hi: This is good stuff congrats to DCR. Dodge and SRT made the right choice.

·
2013 FF Pizza League Champion
10,991 Posts
Congratulations to the whole DCR crew. I hope you guys kick some ass out there this year!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks alot everyone! We really do appreciate the support!! (especially coming from the SRT enthusiasts) We are representing your car in the world of proffesional drag racing and we are always going to take the time to thank everyone that gives us their support because without the SRT guys out there, we would never be where we are today..

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Great to hear you guys back on the track again. And THANK YOU, DCX/SRT to continue to support DCR :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts