Dodge SRT Forum banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Im looking into the 5557 dbb kit or maybe 5857. I just talked to mike on the phone and he was very helpful. One thing I didnt ask is about the wastegate dump...it looks like its ran into the 02 housing. Is there a way i could get it externally dumped instead?? Is there an advantage to either one?

·
Registered
652 Posts
i have one of the fm kits with wastegate that routes into the exhaust and i love it its quiet when driving looks way better than a cheap dump. And if your state has strict inspection thats technicaly illegal cause your dumping your exhaust to the atmosphere. could get you a ticket.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRTotM Moderator
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Im looking into the 5557 dbb kit or maybe 5857. I just talked to mike on the phone and he was very helpful. One thing I didnt ask is about the wastegate dump...it looks like its ran into the 02 housing. Is there a way i could get it externally dumped instead?? Is there an advantage to either one?
I do believe mike couldnt work with ya on that external dump. but u would have to call him to double check..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Ok cool thanks...ill just give him a call on monday. Im not really concerned about the noise, im just curious if its better to have it ran to the exhaust or just atmosphere.

·
SRTforums Member
594 Posts
just got the 5557 kit today can't wait to get this thing installed and see what it does. :clap:

·
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
I need to call Mike one of these days and talk about the upcoming winter build. Its time to put a properly sized turbo on my FM motor.

·
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I need to call Mike one of these days and talk about the upcoming winter build. Its time to put a properly sized turbo on my FM motor.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
What are you thinking about 6262 or not that big and what kind of head is on the car is it the fm cnc head?
Im torn between the bb 5857 or the bb 6262. Not sure about the future goals of the car. 6262 will require a massive makeover of he fuel system and I may need to draw the line before that, well see. I have the FM cnc head with stock cams.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Alright so ive narrowed what i wanted to do down come tax season. if i find a good mopar stage 3 kit i think im going to get that but if not i think im gooing to get the 5557 bb turbo. i was wondering though will the 5557 turbo work with the agp big turbo kit minus their turbo? if so how much is the 5557 turbo alone then?

·
SRTforums Member
594 Posts
I have heard it will work with agp kit but I just bought the kit from fm it's a great price and looks like a really nice kit. pm me if you want some pics Ryan I have it all sitting in my house waiting for install.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You have a pm coming your way then Andy, I agree it's a great price just trying to save a little money haha

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I will hopefully be getting one of these kits soon. Still not sure which one. Would really like to go bb but they are pretty pricey. We shall see.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey guys ive been interested in the 5431e for a while and i have been collecting parts and i already have them all except for the turbo.

I was on precisions site and found the 5831e its the same turbo but with a bigger compressor wheel so i was wondering what are your opinions on that turbo cause it peaked my interest.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Well if its the same turbo but a bigger compressor wheel, I'd say go for it more power :thumbsup:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well if its the same turbo but a bigger compressor wheel, I'd say go for it more power :thumbsup:
Yeah thats what i was thinking its the same price im guessing spoolwise should be almost the same maybe a tad laggier but the 5431 spools really fast so no worry about that and it will be better that way to cause you dont want to be spinning the wheels lol.

I think i really might give it a try soon after i settle a few things in the next couple of months.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Go for it

·
Registered
310 Posts
Go for it
The 5831e is rated at 585 hp and the 5431e is rated at 500hp so thats good:jester:.

Should get me to my 400whp goal easier since there is no way that that turbo will make 585 lol:jester:.

I have to talk to mike to see if he can get it for me since i want to buy it through FM because of their great service and awesome prices!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
DAMN!! either or those turbos would be perfect for my goal of around 400-500whp

Are they the same price as the bigger big turbo kits (5557)?

121 - 140 of 167 Posts