Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two weeks of waiting and worrying A-A Auto Transport finally delivered my car this morning. I've put 20 miles on it so far and all the cons I read about it turned out to be VERY VERY minor BS. If you think the shifter is notchy you should try shifting a short throw C5. The seats look amazing and feel amazing as well. The exterior looks of the car are far better than any picture I've seen. I parked outside of my window at work so I can look at it all day. As far as speed goes I really can't say because I haven't been able to get on it yet...not really anyway.

I did see the boost get up to 12 PSI. Turbo lag is seemless, torque steer is NOT an issue, unless you test cars for a living I guess...I didn't notice it anyway. The exhaust is nowhere near too loud, and the interior seems VERY well put together. I was extremely impressed with the quality, despite some of the things I've read/heard about it.

I could sit here all day and sing praises of this car but unfortuanly I have to get back to work. 3 more hours and I get to drive my beautiful yellow baby home and wax it!!

WOOOOT WOOOOT :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Enjoy it. You've been waiting a long time for it. Now go become one with your SRT 4. Congrats!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
so far in mine... the exhaust is only loud when yer not accell'ing. the interior is very tight and the doors shut very solidly.
i have not noticed torque steer at all.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
since you posted before how many miles have transpired? :lol: :roll: :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
PsychoMedic said:
PRAISE THE GOOD LORD IT HAS ARRIVED!!
Ok, praise the Lord! Now go have fun with that blessing of yours.

BTW, you'll notice the torque steer in 1st & second when you get to 5-6000 RPM's. Since you know it's coming, it's easily controllable.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
PsychoMedic said:
After two weeks of waiting and worrying A-A Auto Transport finally delivered my car this morning. I've put 20 miles on it so far and all the cons I read about it turned out to be VERY VERY minor BS. If you think the shifter is notchy you should try shifting a short throw C5. The seats look amazing and feel amazing as well. The exterior looks of the car are far better than any picture I've seen. I parked outside of my window at work so I can look at it all day. As far as speed goes I really can't say because I haven't been able to get on it yet...not really anyway.

I did see the boost get up to 12 PSI. Turbo lag is seemless, torque steer is NOT an issue, unless you test cars for a living I guess...I didn't notice it anyway. The exhaust is nowhere near too loud, and the interior seems VERY well put together. I was extremely impressed with the quality, despite some of the things I've read/heard about it.

I could sit here all day and sing praises of this car but unfortuanly I have to get back to work. 3 more hours and I get to drive my beautiful yellow baby home and wax it!!

WOOOOT WOOOOT :D :D :D :D
You know, the worst part of owning this mini-Viper?

Is that, you will find yourself looking at the clock at work, waiting for closing time, so your rush to the car, adictive to that rush, or what ever you want to call it, driving home like a - :twisted:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Woohoo, congratz! You going to take it back to the strip club that the transport truck was parked at last week? hehehe

·
Registered
726 Posts
srt4evah said:
Woohoo, congratz! You going to take it back to the strip club that the transport truck was parked at last week? hehehe
Yeah! It'll just be like goin' home... :lol:

Congrats PsychoMedic, take good care of her!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got 170 miles on it now and I love it more everytime I sit down in it. I might even have found a hook-up at MOPAR to put a Stage 2 kit on there for "research purposes" I'll let you guys know how that goes.

I have to take her to a body shop this weekend to get the hole in the front filled where the idiots at Cerritos drilled a license plate into. I'm also gonna go ahead and get the windows tinted.

Ok, the most impressive thing about the car so far to me is the stereo system. It sounds really, really good for factory. The sound imaging in the car is awesome. Now, I'm actually an audiophile, I've had two systems in my 1998 Neon that were both valued at over $3000. So I have alot of stereo experience....and the stock system really did blow me away. I have kicker resolution components, a Punch 400A4, and Eclipse ESN 55040 waiting to go in...but after hearing the stock I'm in no big hurry.

The second most impressive thing was the quailty of the interior. It looks stunning, is VERY quiet at speed, the exhaust drone is almost non-existant, the seats speak for themselves...

What an unbelievable car. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know yet, but I'll post it up after I get a quote this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
PsychoMedic
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing