Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me any problems you guys have had with your srt4 powertrain (engine or tranny)since you have gotten your car ,from minor to major if any.
I have 11950 miles and have had no problems except that mild clicking sound that many of you say you have.

·
Registered
642 Posts
13,000 miles and have had to bring the car in for a #3 cylinder misfire (after putting in spring mod) and p0508 IAC motor and harness failure. from the IAC thing, car shut down every time it was left at idle once the engine was fully warmed up.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Zenkat said:
My clutch likes to make a weird click between activation and the floor, which is probably normal....no idea.

Oh ya, and the shiftball comes off.... thats sort of a drivetrain issue.... sort of....

The clutch noise is normal for the most part...unless it is overly loud that is! I can hear it engaging/dis-engaging when am in the McDonalds drive though type of thing.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Oil Blowby or sucking from PVC into IC resolved with catch can
Top end tick, resolved with TSB
Rear exhaust tip driver side droop, resolved with stiffer rubber
spark plug wires shielded with factory plastic covers from dodge V8 truck engines to prevent turning white from heat
Use recent stage2 w/o toy to resolve startup delay or multiple cranks avg 3 turns before startup after inactivity.

Other than that it's been top notch or is top notch now :clap:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I replace front tires way too often :lol: . They're attached to the drivetrain, so thats an issue isn't it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My car came with a poor front end alignment. Chewed up the outside of the tire. I think that because it's limited slip it will wear the outside premature, like with awd cars, but this was bad. Michelin gave me a 25% discount on new tires...that was cool.

Sears wrecked my two front wheels (scratched the crap out of them), and they bought me replacements from Dodge. That was cool.

One time in the cold last December it revved up to a bout 3k rpms coming to a stop. Never happened again.

So my car really hasn't given me any trouble. I have 11k miles on it since November 28, 2003 (no winter driving) and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I spun a rod bearing, but the stealership fixed it with a new engine. :thumbsup:

If you want to know what I was doing before it happened, ask me to send you a pm.

-Eric

·
Registered
28 Posts
had the plugs and wires replaced, foglight replaced due to moisture,Now i have to replace the throttle body because my n20 soleniod stuck open and i had a n20 backfire, whick bent the throttle plate destroyed the IAC<TPS,And blew all the vaccum lines off the car but other than that everything is peachy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.