Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my powerpaq, and have not installed it yet. Thanks guys! (Lots of stamps on that box!!)

Have a few questions before I get started.

1. How does the PPQ reduce part-throttle boost? or does it just add fuel?
2. How do you turn on the closed-loop tuning with the AEM wideband?
3. Looking back at some of the PPQ threads, I was wondering if the misfire issue has been resolved?
4. Do you normally run the serial cable into the cabin for real-time viewing? Or keep it in the engine bay?
5. What boost level do you tune the stage 1 map for?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
typhoon let me know how the power paq works out for you i want to get one i have almost the exact same mods you do

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Awesome someone who knows the form to ask questions. Here it goes.

1. How does the PPQ reduce part-throttle boost? or does it just add fuel?
Yes we add fuel in the sidebar for throttle postion. When the throttle is open partial we add fuel in that particular section of the map.

2. How do you turn on the closed-loop tuning with the AEM wideband?
In the Global settings menu choose the tab to the far right. Inside there is a radio button for O2/lambda tuning. Also you have to change the output of the AEM wideband to 0-1v and wire it to the brown/black wire of the PowerPaq.

3. Looking back at some of the PPQ threads, I was wondering if the misfire issue has been resolved?

Yes there was a small band of people in Tx that this issue was isolated to. I did however take another route for wiring the PowerPaq to the harness. the updated instructions is included with the PowerPaq you recieved.

4. Do you normally run the serial cable into the cabin for real-time viewing? Or keep it in the engine bay?

I personally only hook it up thru the window when we are tuning. We do have users that permanately connected and routed it thru the firewall.

Peak of 19psi on 93 and up octane only.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ant @ Psi-Fi said:
Awesome someone who knows the form to ask questions. Here it goes.

Peak of 19psi on 93 and up octane only.
Always figure someone can benefit from the answers as well. And on #5, is that peak/hold at 19 or just peak dropping to 15-16?

Can't wait to get all this hooked up!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
typhoon said:
Always figure someone can benefit from the answers as well. And on #5, is that peak/hold at 19 or just peak dropping to 15-16?

Can't wait to get all this hooked up!
The turbo it's self is the reason for the boost drop. There is nothing any tuning can do about that, so on that note peak boost dropping to about 16psi.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey quick questions, What mods would you recommend before installing your power paq? I have stage 1, wga, mbc.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ant,

when you send me my PPQ wiring I want to run it thru the firewall as well...

whats the status on my PPQ software and wiring?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hiyas im really interested in the powerpaq and will probably be ordering in the next couple of days as long as you answer me this!!!!

on ur website on teh powerpaq section on the bottom it sais that a plug and play version is in development and testing, hows that going? and do you know if it will cost more then the current version? sorry to overburden ya

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopper said:
Hiyas im really interested in the powerpaq and will probably be ordering in the next couple of days as long as you answer me this!!!!

on ur website on teh powerpaq section on the bottom it sais that a plug and play version is in development and testing, hows that going? and do you know if it will cost more then the current version? sorry to overburden ya
It isn't done yet, otherwise I woud have bought that one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ant @ Psi-Fi said:
The turbo it's self is the reason for the boost drop. There is nothing any tuning can do about that, so on that note peak boost dropping to about 16psi.
Ok, one final question (or 2 I guess).
For the wire that controls NOS solenoid or other such things, is the wire a binary on/off or a duty cycle percentage type setting?
Can it be set to fire at a certain TPS or load/RPM? The included PDF doesn't really go into much detail on how to configure this.

Thanks again for all your answers Ant!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump...

2,124 Posts
typhoon said:
Ok, one final question (or 2 I guess).
For the wire that controls NOS solenoid or other such things, is the wire a binary on/off or a duty cycle percentage type setting?
Can it be set to fire at a certain TPS or load/RPM? The included PDF doesn't really go into much detail on how to configure this.

Thanks again for all your answers Ant!
The wire that controls the solenoid is the ground. You can use this wire to switch a relay. If you are using it run NOS you want to go to global settings and swith NOX injection on this will give a continous ground signal once the switching parameters are met. If you dont activate NOX injection on you will get proportional(pulsed) nitrous control ie the nitrous will increase with rpms. you also have full control of activation by using the injection map via rpm/boost/tps.. wherever you want to activate the NOS you simply put in 255 and the places where you dont want it on you put 0 on the main map.On the TPS sidebar(eng temp column) you put in 0 where you want it off and 1 where you want it on...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts