Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where did the power windows go, this is the only thing swaying me away from the srt-4, i want a car with power windows, my lazy ass doesnt want to roll up all 4 windows when my d*ck friends get out and dont roll them up, errrrrrrr. looking at a GTI 1.8T now, what othere conners did they cut??

·
Registered
24 Posts
The SRT 4 does have power windows up front. It is just the rear windows that are roll up. If your friends leave them down I think it could be a long walk home.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
the A/C works and will freeze your balz in the first setting (check), Power front windows (check), decent cd stereo system (check), 3 usable cupholders (check) and the seating (check) nope no corners cut in my book :wink:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
oh, sorry. That money was better spent on the NVG tranny, intercooler, turbo and high capacity clutch. The neon chassis has power front, roll up rear. PVO didn't have any part of it, and weren't about to waste the money on making the rears power. It's a hell of a lot cheaper to add an aftermarket power window setup than to get that 1.8 to match the 2.4, but whatever, do what you will :roll:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
acr2nv said:
the A/C works and will freeze your balz in the first setting (check), Power front windows (check), decent cd stereo system (check), 3 usable cupholders (check) and the seating (check) nope no corners cut in my book :wink:
Eh em....correction. More than 3 cup holders bro :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
well the one on the armrest (which tilts back) and provides a cupholder for the rear with a tisue dispenser too. Thanks for reminding me about the 4th. I meant that as in 3 usable cupholder for the driver/passenger Cali :wink:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well you gotta add that both the passenger and driver can put their cups to the door side of them kinda were the belt is. I think i always put my drink down there just fits perfectly so thats like 6 cup holders!!! :shock: Just gotta remember about the drinks when you get up i've broken one glass bottle when i knock it off trying to get off. But that was in my old car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't forget the extra weight 2 more power windows would add. Extra weight results in slower acceleration and lower top speed. Now we wouldn't want that now, would we?

·
Registered
258 Posts
If it's that big of a deal you can just add in power rear windows with a kit like one from Spal, etc. Usually runs about $200-ish and is easy to install. Adds on about 15lbs, maybe. But I have a 4-door Spec V and I never roll down or up the back windows, even when people are in the car, so personally I wouldn't care. Sides, who cares if the rear windows roll down by switch or not, if that's a concern you're looking at the wrong car!

Jon

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
stlthfixr said:
If it's that big of a deal you can just add in power rear windows with a kit like one from Spal, etc. Usually runs about $200-ish and is easy to install.
got a link? i'm interested

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
http://www.autoloc.com/window.html

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Actually... Anyone have pictures of an installation of these aftermarket power windows? Do they work well with the factory front windows?

are there any kits that are taylored specifically for the 2nd gen. Neon's rear windows?

·
Registered
6 Posts
duderdude2 said:
Don't forget the extra weight 2 more power windows would add. Extra weight results in slower acceleration and lower top speed. Now we wouldn't want that now, would we?
Right! The right wiper motor should also have been left out - there's another 3 oz. that could have been saved. If the passenger doesn't like a messy right windshield, well, it's a long walk home.

After all, this is a serious performance machine - the Neon marque means no compromise.

(And no rear power windows.)

:roll:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
kenzo said:
duderdude2 said:
Right! The right wiper motor should also have been left out - there's another 3 oz. that could have been saved. If the passenger doesn't like a messy right windshield, well, it's a long walk home.

After all, this is a serious performance machine - the Neon marque means no compromise.

Listen asshat, I never said that the weight issue was the reason Dodge left out the rear power windows, no fucking shit it was a result of price issues; however, I can assure you that the mechanics behind powered windows weigh substantially more than "3 ounces".

·
Registered
6 Posts
duderdude2 said:
kenzo said:
duderdude2 said:

Listen asshat, I never said that the weight issue was the reason Dodge left out the rear power windows, no fucking shit it was a result of price issues; however, I can assure you that the mechanics behind powered windows weigh substantially more than "3 ounces".
It's a good thing I wasn't being sarcastic... :roll:

A smidge more intelligence and you wouldn't have taken offense. Oh well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
kenzo said:
duderdude2 said:
kenzo said:
duderdude2 said:

It's a good thing I wasn't being sarcastic... :roll:

A smidge more intelligence and you wouldn't have taken offense. Oh well.
Playing the sarcasm card to cover for your retarded tendencies? Fair enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts