Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install my power steering an i cant find the bolts to mount the pump to the bracket. If anyone knows the size that would really help me out.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
If you remove the manifold, they're to the left of it (under the tstat housing). They can be gotten to without removing the intake manifold by using extensions and a swivel-socket.

They're wither 13mm or 15mm.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Do they take nuts cause i didnt see any threads?
They're fairly long bolts with washers, no nuts. The thread into the engine mount bracket.

And i'm 99% they're 13mm

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I'm not seeing any threads in the bracket.
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. There are 3 bolts that hold the alternator to the bracket, and they're 13mm and found under the intake manifold nearest to the thermostat housing. You can see them fairly well from the right side if you shine a flashlight to the other end.

Remove the accessory belt, drain the fluid, remove the 3 bolts and the connector and replace with the new one and bolt them back in. What exactly do you need help with?

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
This is what i see if i look where you are talking about.

I'm trying to INSTALL it.
OK I see a SRT-4 motor... Your power steering pump is already removed judging by the picture. If you remove the intake manifold you'll see a bracket on the left-hand side and the rear part of the pump will slide into it and you will need the 3 13mm bolts to bolt it to the bracket.

You can also do this with the intake manifold on but you'll have to finangle it around.

Did you buy the car without power steering? If so, the bracket may have been removed, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts