Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...After the last few weeks I've been getting a pile of fluid on the ground. After I went under the car it appears my Power Steering Line is leaking, but I cant be sure its JUST the power steering, my oil level isnt going down, my power steering fluid isnt going down, my clutch fluid or brake fluid arent going down. But here are some photos for you to see.

I know the fluid looks like oil but I cant seem to find a smell to it and I've checked my Transmission Bell Housing and I haven't found any cracks or breaks. The fluid level is level and still good. Where would I get a new Pressure Hose and Cooler if possible since they are discontinued. My power steering cooler has seen better days and I'm assuming its finally given out in general.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking a little more, I did do a power steering flush, before I did that I did add Autozone PS Fluid and not ATF and then I sucked out the reservoir, replaced it wth Valvoline Synthetic Merc/Dex ATF+4 and flushed it a bit, but I didnt get all the old fluid out and so it seems like this is old PS fluid and it is my Line - Cooler Area. Any place to get aftermarket PS Lines and Cooler compatiable with the SRT4? I do Street Race the car from time to time.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
is it possible its leaking from an axle seal and running down there? That seems more likely to me.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Get a white paper towel to check the fluid color. Red: atf, brown: pwr strg, oil, orange: coolant. Straw/clear: brake, clutch. That’s really all the fluidsCall these guys for parts. Great resource. Car Parts & Repair Services in Kannapolis, NC. The only other option is a leak from your rear crank seal. You’d have to clean everything off to isolate the source.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Power steering on these cars uses atf.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
93 Posts
Any luck on this if not. Check your turbo oil lines. I had a similar issue and it was the oil drain line on the bottom of the turbo. Its a pita to get to but just feel around with your fingers and if dry move to some where else but if it's wet you found it your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts