Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving my car jerked I heard a flutter and now i have no power and my bov is not purging but i can hear the turbo spool and wastegate will flutter at shifts. Lost all its power not just some

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Was driving my car jerked I heard a flutter and now i have no power and my bov is not purging but i can hear the turbo spool and wastegate will flutter at shifts. Lost all its power not just some
My boost will read 9psi when it was 15psi
As mentioned earlier, you likely blew an intercooler coupler off. You need to check all the connections (1 at turbo, 2 at passenger side back of intercooler, 2 at drivers side back of intercooler, 1 at throttlebody).

ideally you should boost leak test the whole engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I noticed now its developed a tapping at 2k rpm and large puff of blue smoke out of tail pipe when I let off to shift I look in side view mirror and a puff of smoke comes out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes 3rd gear pull wot max boost high rpm, it did a cut out I heard my blow off valve swoosh while still in wot so I let off and that's when on the drive home starting hearing the tapping noticed she was burning oil and lost all power. Did a boost leak test found a couple very small leaks an took it for a test I got my my bov sound back but it's no where near as loud as a purge as before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok found the boost leak, hardpipe to intake coupler was loose along with a couple other small ones i fixed, running really rich small of exhaust in the cab of the car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Replaced stock turbo to brand new bws and agp wastegate, the wastegate has a 19ibs spring inside of it but my boost guage will still read 15 no matter if I adjust the wastegate open or closed? so is it possible I have a bad boost guage an I maybe running to much boost not knowing it and causing to much fuel not enough air which will make the car run rich? It's pretty strong exhaust smell doesnt smell sweet just basically burning gas, I have 3inch downpipe and 3 inch all the way back with ebay tips

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No tune on the car yet, no wideband wired up nothing really done besides front mount, oil catch can, tial bov, short ram intake, it pulls hard just besides the smoke you would never kno somthing was wrong, I performed a compression test my numbers were not very good from left to right 125,130,150,135, wet test made no difference, I have not performed a leak down test yet if it's even worth it with that compression and just order rebuilt kit from modern and stage 2 everything

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
High possibility with those numbers you are getting oil in the chambers and blowby into the crankcase. Both those things will cause smoke. The exhaust is probably 'oily' too. If you are planning to do a rebuild I would include the turbo for good measure as well.
A wideband is recommended too, it will help tell you more.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Depends on what you want to spend and have for future increase in power. Most parts these days are good whichever way you want to go.
It is the engine builder, machinist and tuner (if you go other than stock) that will be more important. You could throw all the best parts at an engine but if the builder and tuner suck, it won't stay together long.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Props to you Aceman!

Complaint: Low power
Cause: ??
Correction: Full build and big turbo.

That sounds like every young mechanic's dream solution to the problem!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
6 Participants
mechanicaltype
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing