Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new here. I've tried researching this issue before making this post, but I haven't had any luck. When I press my electronic door locks, I hear a relay clicking in the dash. I also hear the same relay when using my keyfob to lock or unlock the doors. This issue is the same for the electronic trunk switch. Like I said, I hear the relay in the dash, but nothing happens. I've read that it could possibly be a bad skim module? Or that my ECU doesn't match the vin on the car? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
(disclaimer) I could be wrong (end of disclaimer)

The skim is part of the factory security system. From what i have read, if the skim is not working properly, or if the VIN isnt right, the car will not start.

This issue that you are having, did it start happening all at once, or did you notice it happening over time and now it just wont work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. I bought the car a few weeks ago, and the door lock issue came with it. I'm in the process of slowly getting everything working again. I thought I had read that the skim module relay was the clicking noise you can hear when you press the electronic door lock switch. I'm relatively new to these cars, so maybe I'm misinformed.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
the skim system is what recognizes the chip in the key and allows the car to start when it recognized the right vin programmed key is in the ignition. I dont believe it has anything to do with the door locks or the key fob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts