Dodge SRT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 756 Posts

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These coilovers were stated in your for sale thread that they had very low miles and that there was nothing wrong with them. Upon receiving these and insalling them on my vehicle ALL STRUTS ARE BLOWN...every strut has ZERO rebound....I have taken the preload out of the springs and compressed the strut with my own weight by leaning on them and three of them stay compressed with no rebound whatsoever and one of them rebounds very slowly. These are totally unusable and to repair them it's going to be 130 dollars per corner which means i'll end up having more into this suspension setup after i fix it then i would if I just bought new. I am unaware if you knew about the condition of these or not and i'm not trying to say that you did this intentionally. However, I made a purchase for a low mileage working set of coilovers and these do not work!

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah...figured I would post a video so you call can see first hand. 650 dollars I paid for these. I opened a paypal dispute and asked for a full refund...and i'll ship them back if he pays for a shipping label. I would also settle for him purchasing all four struts so that I can rebuild them...that solution would be a little cheaper and easier on him than having to spend 650 plus whatever shipping. I called megan today and they said that it's 130 per strut.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRTotM Moderator
5,599 Posts
how do you not know that there blown before you ship them the car would have bounced all over the place...

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how it happened...maybe it was an honest mistake. All I want is a refund or for him to purchase all four struts for me to rebuild these.

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But yeah hopefully he takes care of it...If not paypal will and if for some reason they don't take care of it then i'll dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Also mods will you please lock his FS thread for these coilovers so no information can be altered!!?

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come to think of it whenever we were texting back and forth he kept telling me to gift the money to him... I'm glad I didn't do it like that or I would definately be screwed. I sent the transaction for goods/service.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRTotM Moderator
5,599 Posts
he had to of known that they were bad if you have the texts i would post them in here and take screen shots of the thread how it is now......when i buy something on here when i send a pm i take screen shots of everything save all the pics and any conversations i have i save just to cover my ass

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not have the texts cause I just recently got a new phone. I am going to post this video in the FS thread of his and if a mod could PLEASE lock it I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
In paris on vacation? There goes your 650. :ninja:

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno he had a pretttty good story, his sister was getting married there I suppose. I don't know until he comes on here and responds to all of this i'll assume that's where he is...if he doesn't respond to anything I suppose we'll let paypal sort it all out.

I don't see any reason why i would get screwed here...I have VIDEO evidence to cross compare with his actual FS thread AND i'll ship the coilovers back to him so...hopefully!

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
Paypal typically won't do anything if you actually receive the item. Good luck on the situation though.

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then what's the point of even putting the option of opening an "item not received OR not as described" dispute?

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
The truth:thumbsup:

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The truth as being - I bought what were stated as a good condition working set of coilover suspension for my car and when they arrived they were all blown and completely unusable and that I'm shipping them back to where they were purchased from. Should I also say that I am unable to get ahold of the seller so I am calling to dispute the charge?

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have to fill out a form that PNC is sending to me in the mail and then I'll hopefully have my money back within 10 days after they receive that letter back. PNC headquarters is only 60 miles south of me in pittsburgh so if I mail it it will only take them one business day to get it.

1 - 20 of 756 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.