Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for a SRT-4 for a while now, I have always loved the car but could never find the right car. However I came across a beautiful what I believe to be stock 05 SRT-4 with 42k miles. It was listed for $15,000 however we have verbally agreed on $13,000. After looking around this site I do believe this is on the higher end of the market. I am willing to pay the premium for a stock car though.

I want the car to have something that is a little more fuel efficient. I currently drive a 1991 Bronco that gets 13 city 16 highway. Im just looking for general advice and if the price is way to astronomical.

There has been pretty good details kept on the maintenance of the car which shows promise to me. The only thing that concerns me is it living the first 14 years in Montana. With such low miles there is a chance that it has not seen to much inclement weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was information that I pulled off a website. I have not yet seen the car in person but the current owner says there is no rust and no shifting issues. I have been looking over a few articles so I know what more specifically what to look for. We are meeting this weekend and If everything checks out my credit union has already approved the loan.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll want to verify the functionality of the sun roof also, they are prone to failures. But as mentioned, a quick look over the pictures it does look all stock except for the de-badged trunk and the window tint.
Ahh I need to remember to check this when I get to the car. Im creating a list of things to go over with the help of these fourms and reddit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look for rear end damage. The rear bumper isnt a color match, and no badges usually means repaint.

Given how INSANE people drive in San Antonio. I wouldnt discount a light rear impact.

Also, its a montana car.. look real careful for rust. it starts under the car in the seams, the rear wheel arches are particularly bad spot

I wouldn't give anyone above 10k for a neon, but im cheap.

I will keep this in mind and look for anything funny on the rear end and in the seams

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm with that. Find one at 9k and you have 4k to invest in the vehicle.
If I were to be putting money into this car I might be apprehensive. I plan on buying it to daily, cars are seen as depreciating assets but im willing to pay the premium to have a stock car with low miles and I have no intention of doing any modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts